800+ Addicts in one room! PLEASE READ !!!

Old 11-19-2011, 09:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
TMZ

Arrow 800+ Addicts in one room! PLEASE READ !!!

Yes I spent 12 hours today with 800 plus addicts !

I went to SLACNA 6(St. Louis Area Convention of Narcotics Anonymous ) It's a three day convention for NA members and families. I have to tell you it was GREAT. The are the most life loving people and I have received so many hugs it is unbelievable. Yes it is true they are recovering But they call themselves addicts. I asked some why so many hugs? I was told it is because you never know if the one you hug will ever see them again for they may fall off the wagon and O.D.

I attended several lectures and workshops. I also stayed for the main speaker, meeting, and CLEAN TIME COUNT DOWN. The longest clean was 40 years clean and progressively down to two years. From there they count months till finally days newest was 2 days clean. They ended the meeting like all NA meetings (nar anon and al anon) But what a sight to see 800 people in a huge circle arms around one another saying there meditation prayer.

I have to say they all new the 12 steps and fazes, they even knew the 12 traditions by heart and quoted them quite regularly. I am a nar anon member of one year and don't know them that well.

I cant express well enough the joy I feel. Just the knowledge of all those people working the recovery brings me a new sense of hope for my/our Addicts. It is such a wonderful experience if you ever have a chance to attend a NA convention or round the clock meeting please go. I met people from all across america and all walks of life and the recovery is wonderful to see.

I just had to share some hope.
Old 11-20-2011, 10:45 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks I needed to read that today
A friend
Maggiemac