Support Group Meetings

Old 11-19-2011, 04:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Support Group Meetings

The only narc anon meeting in my area is once a week and FAR out from where i live....does anyone know of or have any suggestions for some other type of similar support group meetings?
Old 11-19-2011, 04:09 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

At times, based on my schedule, I attended Alanon meetings, I just substituted alcohol for crack. Really didn't make a difference, they all do the same things, addiction is addiction.
Old 11-19-2011, 09:19 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
TMZ

Have you tried looking up nar-anon? Or al-anon will accept you also especially if there is no nar anon in the aria.

Here is a link to an online meeting for nar-anon But I prefer F2F ; Nar-Anon Support Forum
Old 11-19-2011, 11:06 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

What is F2F? The naranon (sorry i misspelled it in my first post) meetings in my area are really far from me...
Old 11-20-2011, 12:17 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

F2F means "face to face" another way of saying going to a live meeting rather than on line.
Old 11-22-2011, 07:06 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

Possibly try some Al-Anon meetings ~ I find that the principles help ME deal with someone's behaviors that I find unacceptable and unhealthy.

The Al-Anon program helped me to learn what I could do and/or couldn't do.

PINK HUGS to you!
Rita
Old 11-22-2011, 07:14 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Also try open NA meetings or open AA meetings. Alanon, or CODA also help. I drive 45 minutes to my Naranon meeting every Monday...if it were further...I'd go. It's all addiction. I like going to the open meetings because I develop compassion, but not pity for the addict. It lessens the anger. Also, remember WE are ADDICTS TOO...we are addicted to the addicts! So ANY 12 step recovery program is good. Plus...let's get really honest here...there are a lot of us here that are functioning addict/alcoholics in denial or there are many who have used or drank with their addict/alcoholic. I have. So...we are not lily white and they are not the devil!
Old 11-22-2011, 07:18 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

P.S. Who among us is not addicted to something...addiction meaning an obsession or compulsion to make ourselves feel better by using something on the outside to fix the empty hole on the inside? Examples of addiction are over-eating, shopping, over-exercizing, gambling, codependency, addiction to our addicts, cigarrettes, cleaning the house obsessively, coffee, t.v., beer, marijuana...it doesn't have to be a hard drug!