third year of missing him

Old 11-19-2011, 03:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

third year of missing him

It is 3 years today my son died from drug overdose. I miss him as much today as I did the day he died. He is always on my mind I love him so. All the questions still go on unansered. I have learned to cope some days are worse than others.
I just wanted to say to all the new family and friends who have joined the site addiction can end in death so try and be strong.
Thanks to all my friends here who helped me three years ago.
Your friend,
Maggiemac
Old 11-19-2011, 03:55 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I don't post often, but I do read daily. Maggiemac, you have been an inspiration to many of us here. I remember when you lost your son. My daughter is still alive, but I know things can change in a moment. Mom hugs to you. You are a strong lady.
Old 11-19-2011, 05:08 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Maggiemac,
I too have experienced the worst outcome, over two years ago now. I don't know why I still come here and read - some kind of weird nostalgia! Sometimes I find it upsetting so I don't come too much any more.
I know addiction is a horrible beast, but it's separate from the person. I think I only remembered that after my ex died. I was so angry at him for the loss of our dream! But I loved him so so much, it still hurts so badly.
And yes, the questions are still pretty much unanswered for me too.
I'm so sorry for your loss. It's such a painful way to lose someone you love. Many hugs xxxx
Old 11-19-2011, 06:31 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I don't post very often either, but I still come and read. I was here too when you lost your son. Thinking about you today, Maggiemac.
Gotahavfaith
Old 11-19-2011, 07:36 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

(((Maggie)))) - I wish I could just wrap my arms around you and give you a hug. Please know that my cyber-hugs and prayers are always with you.

Amy
Old 11-20-2011, 06:30 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
it is what it is

maggiemac - words are hard to come by in such a situation - i'm sure missing your son will never lessen but maybe the sweet memories will grow ever more precious and memories of the disease fade - i pray for you that you have strength to face each new day - that you have comfort from friends and family - that love for your son fills your heart and pushes out the pain
Old 11-20-2011, 08:29 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Maggie, I think about you and your son all the time. Your story, and all who have lost their loved ones, always remind me to accept each day of my daughter's life one at a time. There are no promises, no guarantees, only this day. Truly, I am reminded that applies to all my loved ones, never mind addiction.

My thoughts and prayers are with you always
Old 11-20-2011, 10:43 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Rest peacefully Sonny Boy

(((Maggie))) Brett's death was 2 years ago yesterday too. I couldn't bring myself to come on here yesterday. We released balloons with messages written on them at Brett's grave site. I thought of you and all the others who lost their loved ones. Bless you Maggie, hugs and prayers.

B