Time for me

Old 11-17-2011, 03:50 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Wink Time for me

I come here everyday and read, read, read. It is finally starting to sink in my brain that I need to quit focusing on his recovery and focus on me. I am going to start by seeking couseling for me. If he wants some kind of couseling too then we can do marriage counseling but that will have to be his idea. I am changing my anger at him for putting me through this emotional hell and using that energy to focus on my future. I am already a LPN but want to transition to a RN so that is what I am going to do. I love him and even though my opinion is his methadone treatment is still an active addiction I have chosen to accept his method of treatment but have set my boundary that I will not tolerate any other drug. Hell after going through all this maybe I should specialize in mental health nursing!LOL!!:ghug3
Old 11-17-2011, 04:33 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sorry for what your going through but glad you are taking steps in a positive direction.
Old 11-17-2011, 06:43 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

((harleygirl71))

sounds like you are taking some wise & healthy steps for you - congrats & best wishes!!

Remember it's not about giving up - it's about allowing everyone to make their own choices ~ giving them the opportunity to find their own self-respect, dignity and self-worth! What a loving gift you are giving him . . . now to give yourself the same thing!!

PINK HUGS,
Rita
Old 11-17-2011, 02:35 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

He is doing better on methadone. He is not a grouchy SOB now, money is not coming up missing, he is doing alot of little wood working projects around the house, and he has been going to church every Sunday even when I am working. All the readings on this site has made me grateful for what positives he is doing and making me less focused on the negative. I am so grateful to all of you on this site who are just a keystroke away.
Old 11-17-2011, 06:13 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

way to go harleygirl! happy for you today

my daughter called me yesterday and said she is reducing her methadone by 5mg a week. i told her to be careful and not to rush it, to which she replied "i know what to do, mom." I

amazing how good things happen when we let go.
Old 11-20-2011, 04:59 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Had a great weekend with my AH. We worked out in the yard together, went out on a dinner date, then went to church this morning. Over dinner last night he brought up to me his weaning plan that he discussed with his counselor. It made me happy to know that HE is striving for a plan of action on his own but I know not to let my guard down in case it does not work out. I am however supporting his method of treatment now because I have turned it over to God. I feel some emotional peace now and have hope that although our lives will never be as it was before but I believe that I will get my best friend back.