thoughts on my sons moving out

Old 11-10-2011, 08:28 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

thoughts on my sons moving out

I just have to say thank God I made my son move out of the house.

I reclaimed my house. No more hiding things of value. I can leave my purse on the kitchen table again! No more hiding in my room when he was in a rage, no more finding needles, and pills. No more cleaning up after him. No more being stolen from, the constant begging me for money. No more late night rants from him. Yes, a lot of me made him leave for his own good. I mean how is he going to even come close to hitting bottom when he had free rent free food etc…. living like a baby at 24 years old.
What I am saying is that this is as good a move for me as it is for him, and I am happy that I did it, and sure that is was the right thing.
Old 11-10-2011, 08:56 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

(((December))) - YAY for YOU!! I'm still living in dysfunction junction, thanks to the consequences of when I was using (back home) but your post renews my goal to get out on my own again..no tantruns, lies, stealing, etc.

Thank you!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 11-11-2011, 05:54 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

One of the best things I ever did for my son was move to a location where he did not want to live with me anymore. He is not an addict but was slow to take on responsibilities. I was starting to believe that he was going to be one of those still trying to get the kids discount at 40 years old as he was still living at home. BTW he is 24 too. It's hard for us moms to let our kids grow up sometimes no matter what the condition of our children are. I have seen so much growth in my son since he moved out on his own. I know that letting him live at home would have stunted his growth in becoming an addult. I say all that to say, you did a good thing for him in more ways than one.
Old 11-11-2011, 06:43 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
TMZ

Yes it is so freeing and such a relief to have your life back. It also gives them responsibility. I am 3 months out from throwing my 30 AS out. I have not heard from him but it's par for the course. He always stayed away while using, and came back when things were bad.

I now wonder and worry about him but only control myself. I pray he finds his way. Stay strong all we can do is let go and let God. All we can do is hope and pray.
Old 11-11-2011, 07:21 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

TMZ, good for you! You have done your job and now they MUST go and learn how to live life on their own. It is so wonderful to hear your freedom in your own home. When we had our son arrested, we also had to put a type of restraining order on our home so he could not come within 500 feet. That also sent the message loud and clear. No addicts near our home! The peace we now have with the 16 and 14 year old at home is precious. Also, my son is finally looking for help, been in rehab since 10-24 and he knows this is his journey to finish. Enjoy your peace you DESERVE it.
Teresa
Old 11-11-2011, 07:46 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Let go and Let God!

Posting as an addict, you did a wonderful thing. The best thing my mom did for me was make me move out. I then hit my bottom and I hit hard. It was what I needed.

I did go 2 years without talking to my mom after she made me move out. When the time came that I knew I had to get clean she was the first person I called. Over 8 yrs later we are closer than ever before.

I know it wasn't easy for her to make me move, but she had to for her own sanity. I have told my mom thank you many times for making me move.