SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Substance Abusers (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/)
-   -   Jail again. . . (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/240572-jail-again.html)

MsPINKAcres 11-09-2011 07:31 AM

Jail again. . .

Don't you just hate it when you know. . .

I have had that "feeling" - that little something in the pit of your stomach that something isn't just right with my daughter - the phone conversations were weird, sporatic, not making sense, the drastic weight loss, the "new" friends, blah, blah, blah. . .

I have walked this road with her for over 17 years - I know when it's not good, I see it, I feel it, I hear it . . .

Then she disappears, no contact, no returned phone calls, no returned text messages, no post on FB -

yes then you know it in your gut, you just have to wait until someone confirms it - today someone let me know she's in jail again - doesn't really matter all the details - this is the 5th or 6th time - right now I really can't remember -

All I can remember is my program of recovery - detachment with love; no enabling - because I have proven over and over again - enabling DOESN'T help her or me

Today I decided I would mail her a letter to the jail - just to tell her I love her and I'm praying for her - I know i have said it a million times - but I need to say it again ~ I have always told my girls - I may not agree with your choices or actions, but there is never anything you can do that will make me NOT love you.

I need to remind her of that . . .for both our sakes.

So my friends, if you have a moment - let us join our hearts and minds in thoughts and prayers (if you choose) for our addict loved ones that still suffer and for their parents, spouses, and children ~ this disease tries to take us all!

This is not an easy road for either of us ~

PINK HUGS & prayers for God's very best for us all
Rita

Freedom1990 11-09-2011 08:07 AM

Oh Rita, I am so sorry. I guess for now we both have daughters in jail.

Sending you hugs of support! :hug:

cece1960 11-09-2011 08:15 AM

Awe Rita, your recovery is shining today ( and always) I will certainly join you in a prayer for all of our loved ones, and a special one for you and your family.

hopeful0323 11-09-2011 10:37 AM

You are a great mother, and I admire your strength. I will join in prayer for all of our addicts and their loved ones today.

Impurrfect 11-09-2011 10:59 AM

(((Rita))) - hugs and prayers coming for both of you.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy

Chino 11-09-2011 11:26 AM

:grouphug: I'm joining you in thoughts and prayers, too :grouphug:

Ilovemysonjj 11-09-2011 01:43 PM

Rita, thoughts, prayers and peace to you and your family
Teresa

ItsmeAlice 11-09-2011 05:31 PM

Thinking of you both and saying a prayer. It takes courage to accept, let go, and still love.
I commend you for that courage.

Alice

dollydo 11-09-2011 06:03 PM

You are an inspiration to all, your recovery is your benchmark.

I am so very sorry that you are having to once again navigate your boat through rough waters.

pacificsunrise 11-09-2011 06:24 PM

Rita,

i'm so sorry to hear about your daughter. your recovery and strength are an inspiration to us all. stay strong. i am praying for you and your daughter today.

OwlFeathers 11-11-2011 03:39 PM

Rita, Thank you for your post. It was what I needed to read. My daughter is once again in jail. Same thing... feeling something was up... finding out she was in. And today tried to remember how many times now, and yah know, I just didn't want to sit down and try and count. Now is when I sit and write her that letter. And try and get a visitation. It sucks. I hope she has her awakening moment soon.

Windblown 11-11-2011 04:15 PM

Sending out prayers of light for you and your daughter.

Ann 11-11-2011 07:08 PM

Add my prayers too, Rita, for your daughter, my son and for all our addicts who still suffer.

I believe that God loves all His children, including his addicted ones, and I believe God hears our prayers and can do for them what we cannot.

Hugs

Seren 11-11-2011 07:29 PM

Oh, Rita....I'm just so sorry to hear about this. Many prayers tonight for you, and for your precious daughter.

CatsPajamas 11-11-2011 07:44 PM

OH Rita, I'm sorry to hear this. I have said many times "this mom stuff is NOT for weenies!"

And what we know today is this: the greatest gift we can give our children is the dignity to make their own choices and experience the joy of their own consequences.

Mom hugs
Cats

MsPINKAcres 11-11-2011 08:09 PM

still praying for each of you and your loved ones too -

thanks so much for your love, support and prayers!
PINK HUGS

england 11-12-2011 11:57 AM

You sound like an amazing Mum :)