praying for strength

Old 11-06-2011, 10:16 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

praying for strength

my ex A called this morning. I have not seen him in almost 3 months, since he lost his job due to drinking and not showing up to work. I have talked to him a few times and it always wound up in a heated arguement. Him not understanding why we just can't get married, be in the same house and work things out from there. I have set my boundaries that I have no desire to be married to an alcoholic, especially one that will not seek help and keeps relapsing every couple of weeks. I have been strong and not seen him at all. I have to say I was glad to here from him and that he is doing okay and he has a job prospect. I kept the conversation to simple everyday things, did not ask him if he had been drinking and refused to let the conversation go in the direction of us still being together as a couple.We talked for a long time and even laughed as well. I know I have drawn my line in the sand with him. I just have to make sure I don't move the line. Please dear friends, pray for his healing and for me to stay strong.
Old 11-06-2011, 10:28 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

sending good thoughts and prayers your way . . . great job staying strong to your boundaries.
Old 11-06-2011, 10:30 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Relapse is not a part of recovery. Relapse is a part of addiction, regardless of the substance, alcohol, drugs or other vices.

I admire that you value yourself enough to have and maintain boundaries.
Old 11-06-2011, 02:58 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

Keep those bounderies just where they need to be, in place. You have a handle on the situation keep moving forward.