Losing my Mind

Old 11-03-2011, 08:01 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by addictionwife View Post
HI, I'm hoping that someone out there can tell me that what I'm feeling is normal or something. My husband has been battling an addiction to pain meds for about 4 years. Last year he finally sought treatment and was prescribed suboxone. Had been doing very well...or so I thought. We lost our insurance when he was laid off about a year ago and we couldn't afford the suboxone without it so he had been going without. About 6 months ago or so I knew he was buying them. I started searching the house, garage, his car if I could. Looking for The proof I guess you could say. Anyway the proof I found was much worse than I had ever expected. He's using cocaine now too. I am still undecided on what I'm going to do for me and my kids, but in the meantime I'm going crazy. I can't seem to stop searching. He says he only used coke 3 or 4 times because he ran out of suboxone and someone told him it would help curb the awful withdrawl he was feeling. I don't know if I can believe him, I certainly can't trust him, and so I keep tearing apart his garage looking. Is it normal for me to feel this way? This compulsion to keep looking?
My husband seeks suboxone off the streets of Camden NJ when he runs out of his percocets. I am waiting for the phone call they found him dead being Camden is in the top ten most dangerous cities in the US. Suboxone is just a substitute. My husband also abused and I believe abuses still cocaine. Using suboxone for coke is crap. Suboxone is an opiate blocker. Cocaine produces a completely different affect than suboxone. I was not and will never be able to trust my husband. Too many lies have been told. It is normal to keep looking. I do that. I believe I only do it though to reaffirm the decision I made to detach from him.
Old 11-03-2011, 08:54 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

To a FamilyDestroyed- I had tears in my eyes reading your daughters words. How proud you must be of her, and how affirming that you are doing the right thing by her. Good for you!! My husband started out using oxy, norco, whatever he could. I'm finding out just in the last few days how little I actually know my husband at all. He has had this addiction for pain killers far longer than the 4 years since he hurt his back, in fact, I'm now questioning if there ever was a back injury back then, lol. In short, this started long before I even met him and we have been married for 4 years. He started the suboxeone 2 years ago after I realized what a huge problem he had. It shames me actually that I never realized there was a problem at all with it until financial issues came into play. He was laid off his job along with half of America, and we lost our health coverage. For the first time he was forced to buy them off the street for far more than a $5 co-pay for a months prescription and I noticed it. That's when he started lying and doing it behind my back. My problem with the money has been that he is in construction, now working as an independent contracter since he lost his union job, so he has the ability to hide how much he is making from me. This past January I began to notice things were off again. I never imagined cocaine was involved as well. I found that out as a result of looking for proof that he was buying pills again. He has been using both, probably all along. So he is back on the suboxeon for the pills, and who knows what he's doing with the coke. He says that he is not using anything except the suboxeon, that he will not lose his family over this. I guess time will tell, right? While I'm so hopeful that he can get better, I'm not going to be blind to it anymore. I hope that me doing this is the bottom he needed to wake up and see what he has become. I know the kids mean everything to him so like I said, time will tell. Thank you so much for sharing with me. It means a lot.
Old 11-03-2011, 09:34 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

More in common than you think...
My husband union pipefitter.
He was also prescribed pain pill for back injury ten years ago.
The powder very common for union pipefitteers to start once they finish their apprenticeship and start making good money.