New - Disappointed, angry and distressed mum.

Old 10-18-2011, 06:59 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

I'd be very interested in knowing how our boundaries might be seen from an addicts point of view?
Old 10-18-2011, 07:01 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Sorry. One extra on the above.

His father will provide a bed for him if he is desperate, but not if he is behaving aggressively or erratic.
Old 10-18-2011, 07:38 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

maple, i just want to say i am glad u r here. it is a bad place to have to be but a wondeful place when u do. my son is my addict. i want to say for years i blamed myself even tho he was raised in a good home. i learned the 3c's & i said them over & over.
i did not Cause it, i can not Control it, & i can not Cure it. i was his enabler until i found this site. it has saved my sanity. i spent many $$$$$'s a small fortune on bails, lawyers,rehabs, until i learned better. he started using drugs at a young age. by the time he was 23 he had been in & out of prison many times. he is 40yrs old now & still in prison. i hope this is the last time. your son may hit his bottom at any time but for mine it death of his wife was not even his bottom. she was murdered due to drugs while he was serving one of his sentences for b&e. let your son go. he there is nothing u can do. keep the focus on you & learn all u can about the addict & what u can do for u. oh, did i mention i did not know his wife used drugs until she died. i was so stupid i did not know his second wife dealed for yrs. the all are very sneaky. we r here for u. please come back & read around. prayers for u & your son.