SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Substance Abusers (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/)
-   -   My good friend has just passed (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/238647-my-good-friend-has-just-passed.html)

TMZ 10-13-2011 08:34 PM

My good friend has just passed

My closest friend has just lost his 6 year battle with cancer.

He has been 15 years clean. Found cancer 6 years ago and had been though 7 operations and 114 radiation treatments. But his liver was damaged due to the earlier drug abuse and just wasn't able to recover totally this time.

He has helped me with dealing with my two sons that have drug addictions. He had even talked with each of them and let them know that they were damaging there bodies. That they were going to feel it later in life.

I was with him as he passed. I just wanted to share here so others know that the A does have a devastating affect on the body.

itsanewday2011 10-13-2011 08:46 PM

I am so sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you. It sounds like your friend passed on wisdom that may save the lives of your sons. Good for him.

Impurrfect 10-13-2011 08:51 PM

(((TMZ))) - I'm so sorry. Sounds like he was a really good friend. I recently lost my cousin to liver failure from Hepatitis he got over 20 years ago, on drugs. He, too, had found recovery, and went through a lot of treatment.

I'm glad you were there for him in the end, though I can only imagine how hard it was for you.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy

Chino 10-13-2011 08:59 PM

My thoughts and prayers are with you and may your friend forever rest in peace.

BeingStill 10-13-2011 09:14 PM

I'm so sorry. I'm sorry his past choices caused him harm. I pray he finds peace.

seekinganswrs 10-13-2011 11:14 PM

I am sorry for your pain. Sending much Love and Light to you!!!! Psalm 34:18

dollydo 10-14-2011 04:06 AM

I too am sorry, this is one nasty disease, in many cases the long term effects cannot be reversed.

tjp613 10-14-2011 04:35 AM

((((TMZ))))) You must be hurting so badly for the loss of such a dear friend. My heart aches for you. I am so happy to hear you were able to be with him when he passed -- what a gift it was for both of you.

I hope you will always feel the comfort of his presence even though he is physically absent.

Take care and rest knowing you were a blessing to him.

Ann 10-14-2011 04:39 AM

I am so sorry for the loss of your friend. My prayers go out for you and all who loved him. :hug:

Hugs

Habit 10-14-2011 05:27 AM

I am so sorry for your loss. God bless.

Freedom1990 10-14-2011 05:50 AM

Sending you gentle hugs of support during this difficult time. :hug: :hug:

Kindeyes 10-14-2011 06:13 AM

I am so sorry for your loss. He was lucky to have such a dear friend in you.
extra gentle hugs
ke

JMFburns 10-14-2011 10:17 AM

TMZ,

I'm so sorry to hear about the passing of your friend. You will be in my thoughts.

greeteachday 10-14-2011 07:19 PM

I'm so sorry for your loss. I am sure your friend felt so fortunate to have a wonderful person like you there with him. My prayers that you find comfort...i know he has found peace.

cece1960 10-14-2011 07:54 PM

I'm sorry TMZ.
I'm glad you were able to be with him. I'll keep you and all in my prayers

Anaya 10-15-2011 03:04 AM

I send my sympathy with wishes that your dear friend will rest in peace. My wonderful father-in-law fought a long battle against cancer and finally succumbed earlier this year; I received one of his memorial cards that has Psalm 23 on the back, which I read daily, and this gives me comfort.

litehorse 10-15-2011 05:10 PM

TMZ - i am so sorry for the loss of your friend - i pray for comfort for you and his other friends and family - i also pray for all those who may hear of his story and use it as an encouragement to stop using - i'm sure your friend would love to know his story helped others