SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Substance Abusers (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/)
-   -   Choosing a Happy Life ! (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/238127-choosing-happy-life.html)

Windblown 10-07-2011 01:02 AM

Choosing a Happy Life !

I've decided to turn a corner and head for a much deserved peaceful, happy life. I want to live. I want to live and let my sun shine. I choose to surround myself with people whom I respect and who respect me back....and I don't care if they're blood kin or not.

Tomorrow I will invite someone at an alanon meeting to coffee. I am going to make a friend. I am going to apply for a job at the new library down the street. I don't even care if I get it....but I'm thinking and doing of something that would be good for me.

I can't live like I've been all immersed down in this pit of black tar from the addict black hole...i'm getting out. I am a beautiful ray of light and I am gonna' let it shine matter what.

It's a matter of life and death. I'm going to invite my husband out to dinner tomorrow night. Maybe even a movie...when have we done that lately as we've been steamrolled over by this insatiable fun sucking disease....well screw you addiction. Go fu3k yourself...I'm pulling out of your quicksand...if my son doesn't want to then so be it...but I can also choose...and I choose a new beginning.

I choose Life. I choose happiness.
:c031:

I am ready to change.

tjp613 10-07-2011 03:57 AM

I am literally shedding tears of happiness for you, Windblown.

YOU GO, GIRL!!! YOU GO!!!!!!

suki44883 10-07-2011 04:28 AM

There ya go! You can make healthy choices for yourself and it sounds like that's exactly what you are doing! Good on ya! :c011:

dollydo 10-07-2011 04:49 AM

That's it!

Life is a song worth singing...SING IT!

Ann 10-07-2011 05:02 AM

Oh Windblown, I am so happy for you and this makes me feel like The Blues Brothers when they do cartwheels down the aisle in church (I loved that movied, lol).

So I'm shouting "Hallelujah!" and feeling your joy.

This is how it was with me...first tears like I never shed before, tears of surrender when I finally told God that I could not do one more day like this, then huge joy as I let go and moved out of the darkness of addiction and into the light of recovery...and sunrises and sunsets and warm sunny days with beauty I had never noticed before.

I'm doing cartwheels with you because it is energizing to make the decision to live our lives well.

Big huge hugs

Kindeyes 10-07-2011 05:11 AM

Windblown
Your statement was so powerful! I am happy for you!
gentle hugs
ke

outtolunch 10-07-2011 06:53 AM

It really came down to saving myself or going down with my daughter's heroin ship. I chose me.

She eventually chose to save herself or end up in prison or dead, like the rest of her drug buddies.

Tomorrow will take care of itself.

hello-kitty 10-07-2011 08:56 AM

Windblown, your post gave me so much hope and encouragement. I am glad you are giving your inner light a chance to shine.

YearForMe 10-07-2011 09:55 AM

woo hoo! You go girl!