Had a nice visit with granddaughter today...

Old 10-06-2011, 04:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Had a nice visit with granddaughter today...

I asked if she could ride into Wichita with me as I needed to pick up a few things at Walmart, so off on a little road trip we went in the loaner car I am currently using (leather interior, excellent sound system, sunroof, oh yeah). We talked a little bit about her recent experience and kept it short as I didn't want it to be the grand inquisition.

I did tell her I always believed in her and I believe in her now, that she will no doubt make some really good choices for her future.

We talked a little about the charges she is facing and how important it is that she follow every guideline that is stipulated. She has two possession charges that she goes to court for on November 1.

We also had some laughs over the fact I am up to 7 dogs, and recalled some of the wonderful times she had with my female pitbull years ago like sharing a fudge-sicle with her (and I have a wonderful picture of that).

She spotted a cute little furry lined jacket at Walmart, and I asked her if she had a jacket yet for pre-winter weather and she said no, so I bought it for her. She helped me load the 50 pounds of dog food in the trunk, and off we went again.

Grandson was home when we got back so I gave him a big hug much to his consternation! He's going to be 11 soon, so he's not big on hugging at this point. I bought him a shirt, but a size too small, so that will go back tomorrow and I'll get the correct size.

I also got to see my step-grandsons, 3-year-old twins, and oh my how they have grown. I don't know how Autumn keeps up with such a house full of boys! There is also step-grandson Aaron, age 6, but he wasn't there when I was. I'll get those three boys shirts out of my next paycheck.

It was so good to see and hug her. I also told her if she was proven trustworthy to dad and step-mom that she could spend the weekend before Halloween and watch the Rocky Horror Picture Show with me! She was excited about that.

I look forward to more time with her!
Old 10-06-2011, 05:07 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

Wonderful, I feel that there is a new beginning on the horizon!

Old 10-06-2011, 05:28 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Thank you for sharing that, DeVon. Sounds like a wonderful afternoon!!!!
Old 10-06-2011, 05:41 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Oh that sounds so nice. Not pushy, just available and I think that's what she needs right now. I'm glad you had such a nice time with her.
Old 10-06-2011, 06:12 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank you for sharing. What a special afternoon. Reading about it brought a smile to my face.
Old 10-06-2011, 06:35 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

ok, DeVon, I am about to guffaw at the top of my lungs! The Rocky Horror Picture Show!?!!!!??
If a person could die of laughing, I would be in ICU.
Might as well go in costumes too, giggling again.
good on ya!
Old 10-06-2011, 06:44 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Live View Post
ok, DeVon, I am about to guffaw at the top of my lungs! The Rocky Horror Picture Show!?!!!!??
I found it in the $5 bargain DVD bin at Walmart a couple months ago. I squealed with delight!

It's a classic, and just gets better every year!
Old 10-06-2011, 07:06 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Time Warp!

(Narrator) It's just a jump to the left.

(Guests) And then a step to the right.

(Narrator) With your hand on your hips.

That movie is so much fun with interaction!

Have fun Freedom
Old 10-07-2011, 01:44 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I am delighted to hear she's coming through this.
I'd give my eye teeth to have a shopping trip with my Gram again. Some of the best talks about life I had with her and she's been gone since I was 13. She downright knew everything in my opinion and yet never seemed to outright tell me about it but help me discover it myself somehow.
Sounds like you have that gift, too. She is blessed to have those moments with you just as you are blessed to have them with her.

Sincerely gives me warm fuzzies.

And I remember my first time at Rocky Horror.....handcuffed to a theater seat with a couple other newbies, if i recall...the rest is a bit of a blurr...no drink, no drugs, just too odd to not suppress in my subconscious I suppose.

To this day, when I see those LIPS, I get a little foggy. RLMAO!
Old 10-07-2011, 02:19 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

glad u had this good time with your grand daughter & got to see all of those kids. one day of blessings!!