Moved out. Let the drama begin...

Old 10-04-2011, 01:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Moved out. Let the drama begin...

Hello all. This is my first time posting since I moved out 3 weeks ago. My children took it MUCH better than I anticpated, they are completely ok so far. They LOVE their new house and rarely ask for their dad. They don't want to go back to the other house. My five year old says "daddy lives at his house and we live here, and that's ok". Whew. What a relief.
He, on the other hand, is losing his mind. He's not used to being off ALL drugs, paying bills, cleaning a house, and basically what I did day in and day out, only I had 2 young children in the process. It's a total pity party. He texts and calls me multiple times daily with questions that I can't answer. He wants to believe that I'm seeing someone else. He wants to place blame everywhere BUT with himself. Now I'm the monster. It goes beyond the drug relapses, we haven't had a relationship in YEARS. Even when he was sober. I was invisible. Now I can't get away from him. I thought we could be friends considering that's all we ever really were to begin with, but I was delusional. That's gonna take time.
On a good note, I LOVE my new house!!! I love coming home to a calm, clean environment. I haven't seen a eggshell in this place except for the one night he brought the girls dinner. I do what I want, when I want. It is so peaceful.
Thanks to all of you who helped me through this terrifying time in my life. It wasn't so terrifying after all! I know it's going to get worse before it gets better, but I'm out!!! Hurray for me!!!
Old 10-04-2011, 01:29 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hooray for you indeed! Isn't it amazing how much better the kids do after you get out of that environment?

Wishing you nothing but the best in your future.
Old 10-04-2011, 01:37 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

This is fantastic, enjoy your new life!
Old 10-04-2011, 01:37 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good to hear you are happy with your new home and the more peaceful living situation. I hope things continue to get better and better for you.
Old 10-04-2011, 02:25 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Gawd, he sounds like the child he is.

Good for you for creating and sticking to your own boundaries.
Is the child man paying child support?
Old 10-04-2011, 05:26 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

You rock!!!!
Old 10-04-2011, 10:25 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Keep on getting support. You are a success story! What a courageous woman you are.
Old 10-04-2011, 11:11 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hooray for you! I so wish I would have been brave enough to move out when my kids were young. My prayers are with you!