Never see husband anymore

Old 10-05-2011, 02:18 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

I agree with you about resenting the sponsor. From what I can gather, he sponsors a bunch of young single men and seems to control their lives. I did see my husband last night and he was manic, discombobulated, took a pair of pants and then went back in the room and took some slippers. This morning I saw he took his tooth brush, but left his other hygeine stuff like his hairbrush etc. There is no rhyme or reason to any of this.

I spoke with his PO out in Washington and told her that the drug counselor said he needs to be institutionalized. She agreed but said that will need to be determined by the courts.
Old 10-05-2011, 02:48 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by melon1989 View Post
I agree with you about resenting the sponsor. From what I can gather, he sponsors a bunch of young single men and seems to control their lives.
There are plenty of sick people in AA, and this guy sounds like a whack job to be honest.

I don't see any sort of spiritual awakening for your AH in the future.

Not while he's enmeshed with this sick dude.
Old 10-05-2011, 02:56 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

Why not move forward with your life? If he ever gets his life together you can consider
reuniting.

No doubt about it, you are codependent. Codependents fear the loss of control, they fear being abandoned, they are apprehensive about letting events happen as they should.

For my part, I believe that you are addicted to a fantasy of what you precieve this
relationship "can" be and to me, it is all fantasy. He is not marriage material, seems that
you will tolerate any kind of behavior to avoid being left or abandoned.

You are desperately trying to hold onto something that does not exist.

Just my two cents, take what you want and leave the rest.
Old 10-06-2011, 05:38 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dollydo View Post
For my part, I believe that you are addicted to a fantasy of what you precieve this
relationship "can" be and to me, it is all fantasy.

I resemble that remark.....It's easy to get into that position because we do not want to face the truth. I'm learning the hard way.