Need help, don't know where to turn

Old 09-20-2011, 04:32 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I am new to this site, just as of today, and I am really not one to offer advice because I am seeking advice, but it's regarding my partner for 15 years, and husband for 14 years and father of our 2 children who are 13 and 11, so I do know one thing....if I could look down the road at our 11 month point into "where I am now" I wouldn't go through it again at ALL! It doesn't get better. You aren't married to him, so I would cut ties ASAP!
Old 09-20-2011, 07:26 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I know it's hard to let go but if he says he's single, you should probably just go with that and delete his phone number and block him on facebook. It's been 11 months. You are supposed to be in the honeymoon phase of the relationship. Things are not going to get any better with him. But things can get a lot better for you without him.
Old 09-20-2011, 08:32 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Knowing what I know now about living with an addict, my advise would be to run as fast as you can from this relationship or you will undoubtedly wish you had in the future. It gets so much more complicated and hard to leave the longer you are in the relationship and if you later have children together. He is an addict and as such he really can't love anyone else as much as he loves the drugs. If he was only dabbling in it and not addicted yet, he would quit for you if the relationship meant enough. As an addict, he won't get help until he wants help and that probably won't happen as long as he hasn't hit his bottom and become more miserable using than not using.

11 months isn't that long. Knowing now what I know about living with an addict, I wouldn't invest another minute in that relationship. Don't settle, look for someone who is healthy or at least strongly involved in their own recovery.