I asked for the sponsor

Old 09-17-2011, 11:51 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I asked for the sponsor

Whew!
It wasn't quite as hard as I made it in my head. The Universe pretty much made it simple: the woman I wanted to sponsor me happened to be walking into the room at the same time I was. Perfect timing.

Except she is full right now, which really sucks b/c she chaired the meeting again last night and i know she'd be a great fit for me. She recommended someone that she's been sponsoring for awhile. I will need to think on it. I am not 1000 years old but this girl looks rather young. I am trying not to be biased about that b/c if she's been sponsored by S, then she will have a lot of S's wisdom, which I want. But I am also a stubborn mule sometimes so I need someone who can hold me accountable for my BS and I'm not sure I will take it from someone so much younger than me

Has anyone had this experience?
Old 09-17-2011, 01:44 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

Sometimes, we need a bridge, to walk from one side of the water to the other.

Why not give the girl a chance, what do you have to lose? She may be young in years, however, she may have an older emotional IQ.

If it were the opposite way, you younger and she older, what would you think?

Everything in life does not go ones way, it is about give and take. Trying her as a sponser is not a life sentence.
Old 09-17-2011, 03:39 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I agree, give it a try and then see how it works out. Sometimes if we just let ourselves be led, we find wonderful surprises that we never expected.

Good luck.

Hugs
Old 09-18-2011, 06:39 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Keep an open mind. The young lady may truly be a gem.
Old 09-18-2011, 09:40 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Asking someone to be your sponsor isn't the same as asking someone to marry you. There is no legal binding agreement. It would be ok to talk about your concerns with your prospective sponsor from the get go! I love the way my sponsor looks at sponsoring.......we are partners in recovery.

I agree with others. You may be passing on a real gem. But bottom line is that you have to do what you are comfortable with....not what we all think you should do!

Good luck on finding the right fit for you!

gentle hugs
ke