Need some help

Old 09-13-2011, 05:38 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

i am sorry for your pain. our addict sons can do this to us.please let him feel his pain. as long as u cushion it he will not get the help he needs to get off this. if u really want him off the drug let him fall. the sooner the better. it took me 20yrs to finally let go & today my son is doing good. he is in prison but he has found his peace. i know i would b in the looney bin if i did not follow the advice my friends gave me here. prayers are with u. it is hard but it will not get any easier. hugs & hope,
Old 09-14-2011, 05:21 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

thank you all for the replies it is so very helpfull to have somewhere to talk and let it all out and people that understand what someone is going through,

so it all comes out, first appt ive put th epieces together and he has been snorting roxies , when they asked him what he was using he asked me to leave the room, i did , but im perceptive and put it together all the symptoms fit, he choose suboxene to help him with his addiction , not sure how i feel about replacing one drug but the doctor also agreed and said he should do well, apparently he has been trying to stop could not last even a day, still a long long road ahead, what I do feel good about is that I didnt force him to take this step he did it on his own , me and my husband are still going to be sticking to our rules concerning his "friends", and what is and what is not allowed I do have alot of reading up to do on the suboxene and getting to counseling for him and the family, I do see some brighness in the future but am being realistic as to relapse and everything else....but for now maybe i can finally sleep