Involuntary treatment, Should I File for Son?

Old 09-10-2011, 12:04 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by December2011 View Post

I have been doing every possible thing for a few years now, to no avail.

What's that they say about doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different outcome?

I think I have not let go yet. There is the driving motherly force that thinks I can save him, I can fix this, there has to be a way to control this. I have even thought that if I stop eating and tell, him I will not eat again until he goes into treatment, that will do it. I know I am starting to sound very crazy.

At one of my worst points I seriously considered using heroin to somehow compel my daughter to stop. Talk about crazy. I avoid all drugs including prescription meds so this was rather profound and nuts.

I guess I do not yeat belive I can't fix this. I somehow think I am going to be the one to beat ther ods, or spen my life taking care of him.
I am struggling with this a lot.

I strongly resembled this. Gotta tell ya, when it hit me that I had made this all about me and my ego, it brought me to my knees with humility. Accepting that we are powerless of this is a process and like an addict, we have to reach our bottom where it becomes a them or us situation.

I did decide to go to Naranon, and am going to go next Thursday.
Back when, I immeresed myself in the stickies, stories and backstories on this forum. Having read thousands of posts on this forum, I found no factual evidence that anyone has been able to love someone else sober. I also learned that most of us codependents are sicker than the people we love- heck at least they can blame it on substance. What's fueling us?

For me, the answer was my big fat ego.
Old 09-12-2011, 09:29 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

OUTTOLUNCH,

Wow, you really hit the nail on the head. I thought the same crazy thing-- doing drugs do get him to stop. Of course I didn't, but the crazy stuff that goes on in my head sometimes!

Also, I get what you say about "my ego."

I am humbled indeed.

Thank you for your candid, and helpful post. You also made me laugh a little at the lunacy of it, thanks