I woke up this morning angry

Old 09-07-2011, 07:43 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I woke up this morning angry

What a loser! What's the matter with him??? Who injects drugs??? It's not like he's from some dirty Jerry Springer community. He lives in a gorgeous house with a pool, has a wonderful big family who loves him, and he had me who is equally wonderful and he claimed to love so much. So what kind of freaking fool goes and ruins it all with drinking and drugs?? What a dummy.
Old 09-08-2011, 03:51 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

He is an addict, he is doing what addicts do...use drugs.

Sounds like you are moving right along in the grieving process! Anger is part of it!
Old 09-08-2011, 04:24 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

CaughtHimInject: I agree with Dollydo that this anger is one of the stages of the grieving process. The only way out is through.

So many of us on this site have come to know that drug addiction can be found at all levels of society. We are not insulated because we worked hard, did the right thing, chose a moral lifestyle, developed a good relationship with our HP and introduced our kids to that HP, parented our kids well, volunteered, learned how to become effective and loving spouses, etc.

Keep coming back. Go to face-to-face Alanon/Naranon meetings. This is a huge one for you to come to terms with that will require a lot of time and energy on your part, but it can be done.
Old 09-08-2011, 10:10 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

It is really hard to comprehend isn't it! My husband passed over his life of a family (2sons, wife, dogs, cat), home, business, boat, vacations, nice vehicle and longtime friends for crack cociane. To live a knew life in and out of jail, riding a peddle bike, pennyless, homeless, knew friends that rob you for as little as a pair of holey shoes. Exposing himself to deadly life threatening diseases, the agenda for the day is to steal, pawn or manipulate getting some bucks together to head over to the crack shack for a hit and then back out to start it all over again.

It is so unbelievable that one would leave their lives to live this way. It really made me get the grasp of just how much control the dope has over someone.

Rose
Old 09-08-2011, 12:43 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

Remember it's not about you, the house, the pool, the neighborhood, the kids, having this or not having this -
It's about the disease of addiction & alcoholism -

It is no respector of person.

More than like he's not going to change right now - but there is hope for YOU -

This is what helped me - SR postings, reading recovery literature, attending meetings, working with a sponsor, etc.

This helped me to know what I wanted to do with my life and how to do healthy things for me.

PINK HUGS & take good care of you!
You deserve it!