I wish I could adequately express how very much I HATE drugs

Old 09-06-2011, 07:44 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I wish I could adequately express how very much I HATE drugs

I've been here at SR for awhile now -- a couple years I guess. Of course I come here because I get much-needed support and sometimes I might be of help to someone. I dunno -- I hope so.

But I have to say that the pain in all of these thousands of posts is overwhelming sometimes. Not just here in F&F by any means, probably even moreso on the addict/alcoholic side.

I'm not a big believer in "The Devil", but if he exists, drugs are surely his handiwork.

I hate them so much. Life-suckers and destroyers of hope on a massive scale. All preventable.

I hate them. I wish I could just nuke the hell out of 'em all and return our loved ones back to us, healthy, happy and whole.

Sorry -- just one of those days I guess.
Old 09-06-2011, 08:05 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Me too!
Old 09-06-2011, 08:08 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I COMPLETELY agree. I've always believed that drugs are as physically manifest as "evil" gets.
Old 09-06-2011, 08:36 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I hear you. I feel the same way. This past week my RAS went to the funeral of a 22-year-old friend. The friend was a addict, but he didn't die of an overdose. Sadly, he took his own life because he didn't want to live anymore dealing with active addiction and relapse. He didn't see any other way out.

For me, the horror of that funeral was that the young man had lost HOPE. Addiction robbed him of hope. It is an insidious, evil thing that steals our loved ones and destroys the lives it touches. I hate drugs with every ounce of my being.
Old 09-06-2011, 08:51 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
The sun still shines

I agree TJP. I cannot believe that before the 1960s, drug addiction was few and far between and now the problem is so immense. I hate, hate, hate it for all the people it destroys in its path.
Old 09-06-2011, 08:59 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

TJP, I know how you're feeling.

But sometimes I think the under lying problem is that there is/was a problem within themselves that our loved ones are struggling with. Depression, shame, guilt, sadness, fear, self esteem, whatever . . . I know I wrestle with feelings of inadequacy but thankfully I do not have an addiction problem, or I am just able to control it right now . . . so many of our loved ones were/are just trying to self medicate to get them to "normal".
Old 09-06-2011, 10:01 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

The hard part is not all drugs are "bad". Trust me, when I needed a root canal I was very thankful for vicodin. The difference is, I took it for its intended purpose and no more than prescribed. When I didn't need it anymore I stopped taking it. An addict can't do that, be it due to an addictive personality and/or faulty wiring.
Old 09-06-2011, 11:55 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by NotSoSmart View Post
The hard part is not all drugs are "bad". Trust me, when I needed a root canal I was very thankful for vicodin. The difference is, I took it for its intended purpose and no more than prescribed. When I didn't need it anymore I stopped taking it. An addict can't do that, be it due to an addictive personality and/or faulty wiring.
I understand all that. I'm just venting.
Old 09-06-2011, 02:07 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
it is what it is

i agree with the hate for this monster that has infiltrated our lives - there is no way to say it with words that truely describe the depth of that sheer, unadultrated hate -
Old 09-06-2011, 06:58 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I hate drugs. Three years ago heroin took my son's life.
Old 09-07-2011, 04:07 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Agree with CynicalOne. When I look at the 12 steps I see a spiritual solution to a spiritual problem. Addiction may be a genetic/medical condition, but even that seems to be an outgrowth of what was originally a spiritual vacuum.

I am one that believes in evil/satan, and I have come to believe that drugs/alcohol are the perfect tool of satan to destroy entire families.
Old 09-07-2011, 07:11 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Drugs prey on the weak though. My AXBF is weak of character, weak of heart, easily led astray by his mates - even though he is a grown man. I think that Asian countries are right for executing drug dealers and drug traffickers.