It finally happened

Old 08-31-2011, 11:51 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

It finally happened

well the good news is the cops finally located my ad and she is now sitting in jail. whew what a relief I never thought I would be so happy to see my daughter in jail but as bad as she looks I thank God that she is cause she is wasting away to nothing.. I mean she has always been over weight her whole life and she just had twins last month and only weighs 115 lbs which is just crazy.. how fast these pills can make you look 10 x older than what you are. I know this does not fix anything besides I know I can sleep at night knowing she is safe. Now again like it has been the whole time it's up to her to make the right decisions. I have decided not to take any of her calls. she called me 5 times last night funny how that works I had to file a missing persons report cause I could not find her but now that she is locked up she wants her mommy.. well you have dug your bed now lay in it.. We go back to court on the 12th for the custody of my gd 2nd stage in the court procedings. I am praying everything goes good. I just wanted to update you all...
Old 08-31-2011, 12:58 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

No one can understand the relief that a parent has when they say "they're in jail and I can sleep".......like another parent of an addict.

Breathe deep and relax.

gentle hugs
ke
Old 09-01-2011, 06:32 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm truly sorry that you are going through this and I wish you all the best. Hopefully some jail time and losing custody of her children will be a major wake-up call for her.

Sending hugs and strength your way,
Old 09-01-2011, 11:30 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Try saying "I am so relieved that my daughter is in jail" or "Thank goodness my son is in rehab" to a Normie. They would drop in their tracks

Personally, I think it speaks well of us that we can embrace the goodness in places that others see as bad. We can celebrate that our children are alive and accounted for and that maybe this time will be the awakening for them...and we can pray and let God take care of the rest.

I am happy for you and keeping your daughter in my prayers. Jail just may be one of those "strangely wrapped gifts" that are sent our way sometimes.

Hugs from another mama who understands.
Old 09-01-2011, 01:07 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Do whatever it takes......

((((Mom Hugs))))
Old 09-01-2011, 06:00 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I absolutely understand what you are going thru. My daughter has now been gone 3 weeks and I have no idea when she will turn herself in. I do know tho, like you, that once she is in jail I will breathe a sigh of relief cuz for a short period of time she won't be able to use, drink, do stupid things etc.

Good luck to you with the gd!