Still whiplashed but trying

Old 08-19-2011, 09:27 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy Still whiplashed but trying

I am still trying to figure out what happened. All I can figure at this point is the newly recovering A's brain does not know how to process "good" unless it comes from alcohol and they tend to self-sabotage. I would agree that's what's happening here.

He is still sober - yesterday was day 160. It's like a death has occurred - his. Yesterday was also one month since he out of nowhere called our relationship off. I'm still so sad and miss him and his daily presence in my life. We had even just the week prior spoken about the things he knew he had yet to go through and how he was so glad I was there standing by him.

I am going to try to go to my Al-Anon meeting today - if the oil on my truck gets changed in time. I understand the "take care of me" thing - it's just so hard and I miss him so much.
Old 08-19-2011, 10:18 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

(((Just))) - yes, it hurts for a while, but once we start focusing on ourselves, it does get better. Hope you get to the meeting. SR has been a huge help to me, but f2f support helps a lot, too.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 08-19-2011, 11:24 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Sober or actively addicted, why would you want to be with someone who doesn't want you? Seems very self defeating. And, who cares what his reasons are? He doesn't need a reason (and neither do you if the situation were reversed). If you don't want to be involved with someone then you don't. No further discussion or questioning needed. Let his a$$ go!
Old 08-19-2011, 03:34 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I guess you would have had to have been in the relationship with us to really understand what's going on here. And I have no CHOICE but to let him go unless I intend to become a stalker - no thank you. That doesn't make it hurt less.
Old 08-19-2011, 04:21 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'm sorry your heart is hurting. Emotional pain seems to go all the way to our marrow. Take care of you....
gentle hugs
ke