OT - prayers for ((Jay/speedyjason))

Old 08-06-2011, 06:22 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
it is what it is

i'm adding my prayers for jason, kirby and parents - sorry i got in on all of this so late but will be praying for a speedy recovery for speedyjason - and i will give thanks for all the medical world can do these days -
Old 08-07-2011, 11:55 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Thank You Amy, I pray for Jay's "speedy" recovery. Thanks for letting us know and being there for him and his family. Best Wishes
Old 08-07-2011, 12:08 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

(((Jay))) is still sedated and on the "vent" (ventilator) but the pressure in his head has come down a little..still not normal, but way better than what it was.

His family, understandably, wants him awake and okay, but I've explained that this stuff takes time. I truly believe he is getting excellent care from what ((Kirby)) has told me and told her I know how frustrating it is, but it's what's best for ((Jay)).

Oh, and ((Goliath)) (Jay's furbaby) is with ((Kirby and family)). I asked about him and she said "funny you asked, that's the first thing Jay asked about when he woke up the other day".

He's also on a cooling blanket as the thermostat in his brain is out of whack. This is normal and I was able to explain to her why it is used. I'm just so glad this was my specialty area of nursing, and crack didn't kill my brain cells and I can actually help them understand what is going on.

I am sooooo very grateful for SR people and prayers, and I know it's helping ((Kirby)) too. It's like being wrapped up in a security blankie

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 08-07-2011, 01:45 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Amy
Thank you so much for keeping us posted on Jay's condition. He continues to be in my prayers. I'm so glad that you are able to keep Kirby calmed through your knowledge. I'm sure she finds great comfort in your words.

gentle hugs
ke
Old 08-07-2011, 01:55 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
I AM CANADIAN

Originally Posted by Impurrfect View Post

I am sooooo very grateful for SR people and prayers, and I know it's helping ((Kirby)) too. It's like being wrapped up in a security blankie
I feel that way always when i am here, even if its been weeks...

I have been thinking of Jay...alot...

god bless
Old 08-07-2011, 03:18 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

(((Jay))) woke up and ((Kirby)) told him how much all of us missed him and wanted him to get better and he nodded The dr's are saying if everything goes well and no more "hiccups" (per Kirby) he may be able to go home the end of the week. I'm sure he'll be going to ((Ken and Sue's)) for a while.

He was planning on starting school, and as ((Kirby)) said, this messes all that up, but he can start back in the spring.

I'm happy with the progress. I'm proud of him that he sought help so quickly and I'm proud of ((Kirby)) that she's been coming here and feels comfortable with us. Those kids have been through so much, I'm glad they're finding out there really ARE good people in this world who care about them.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 08-08-2011, 03:33 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Prayers to Jay and his family. Thankyou for keeping everyone updated.
Old 08-08-2011, 08:28 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

((Jay)) and ((Kirby))

I have been out of touch for a few days - just now finding this out ~ praying that our SR "grandkids" are doing ok!!

Amy - please let them know I am praying for them and sending them the BIG PINK HUGS!!!
Old 08-08-2011, 09:23 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

(((Kirby))) came back and said they are still sedating him, but let him wake up to do their neuro checks. Since the pressure is almost back to normal in his brain, they are hoping to let him wake up today.

I assured her that this all sounds like good news, though I know it is emotionally draining on them, the dr's are doing a good job.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 08-10-2011, 01:53 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

any updates?

still praying for Jay & Kirby!

PINK HUGS,
Rita
Old 08-10-2011, 02:46 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

so glad to hear these positive reports....will continue to send love and prayers for quick healing....

Donna
Old 08-11-2011, 07:33 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

I just read Jason's "my story" in the my stories of recovery section.

Oh. Wow.

I remember his early posts years ago that were so incredibly difficult to read - bad, bad times for him and his outlook and circumstances.

I am so very proud of Jason, for the hard work he did, for the help he sought, for the ties he created for himself coming to SR and being willing to come back time and again until things started to shift for him. I well remember all those posts, before the shift.

And I am so very proud of the folks at SR who gave him a lifeline, and held on to it to see his story unfold.

What a powerful story, and I'm rooting for his recoveries now from the bottom of my heart.

Jason, my support is coming your way. What a gift you are to your sister Kirby. And Kirby, great job you are doing. SR folks, thank you, what a blessing you are in my life and in others' lives.

CLMI
Old 08-11-2011, 10:51 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

GOOD NEWS!!! (((Jay))) is off the sedation and off the ventilator His voice is a bit hoarse, but that's to be expected from being on the ventilator and will go away. (((Kirby))) said he said to tell us all that he misses us.

He should be going to a regular room (no more ICU)and they are hoping for a discharge on Sat. They dr's said he was a "quick one" at his recovery.

Thanks to all of you who have kept him and ((Kirby)) in your thoughts and prayers. Further proof that SR prayers are absolutely amazing

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 08-11-2011, 11:51 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

prayers of praise & thanksgiving!!!!

and lots & lots of
PINK HUGS!
Old 08-11-2011, 02:57 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Impurrfect View Post
GOOD NEWS!!! (((Jay))) is off the sedation and off the ventilator His voice is a bit hoarse, but that's to be expected from being on the ventilator and will go away. (((Kirby))) said he said to tell us all that he misses us.

He should be going to a regular room (no more ICU)and they are hoping for a discharge on Sat. They dr's said he was a "quick one" at his recovery.

Thanks to all of you who have kept him and ((Kirby)) in your thoughts and prayers. Further proof that SR prayers are absolutely amazing

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Thank you so much for keeping us updated, Amy. I've been away for awhile and am soooooo sad to hear this news But when I read the latest update (above) I had only two words: PRAISE GOD!!!!
Old 08-11-2011, 03:31 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

I am letting this sink in, and thinking of how much we have all been wishing him well, and praying for him, and I say, "Thank You God".
Old 08-11-2011, 03:41 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

Thanks so much for the ongoing updates. At this point, everything sounds positive, I pray for continued improvement.
Old 08-12-2011, 09:51 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

As (((Kirby))) said, "thanks for all the prayers and support..they seemed to have worked" - (((Jay))) is going home tomorrow!!!

I think being at home with family and his beloved dog ((Goliath)) will do more good than any type of medicine

Thanks again for keeping him and ((Kirby)) in your hearts.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 08-12-2011, 12:30 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Again, thanks for the updates Amy.
Old 08-13-2011, 08:21 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

Jeez, I feel like a serious prayer hog over here, I think Amy's made like 3+ threads saying "Prayers for Jason please." I again, thank you for all your support and prayers, you guys don't know how much I truly appreciate you all. You make me feel like family. I'm home now, well I'm at Ken and Sue's house which is my home kinda. I have all my faculties, though I am feeling tired and rotten from the medications they have me on. They think I've suffered some nerve damage that makes my hand numb, but after two brain surgeries, I can't complain. It could have been so much worse. Thank you for all the prayers, I believe they worked.