update--things are quiet, but my mind is still racing

Old 08-04-2011, 12:21 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

update--things are quiet, but my mind is still racing

I haven't been on here much lately, so I thought I'd give a little update. My RABF seems to be o.k. He seems to maybe have reached some kind of work/life balance that is working for him. My addict mom's behavior has been somewhat questionable lately. My only communication with her is via phone. Just a reminder, she had a drug overdose/suicide attempt about 4 months ago. It was her second suicide attempt this year. She was really down after that. Now, she seems pretty "up." It worries me b/c she seems to have much more discretionary income than normal (she's on disability), and she seems to be especially energetic. There's not much I can do about the situation. I hope she is taking her prescribed meds to balance her moods. I also hope she's not taking unprescribed meds, if you know what I mean. I also hope that her additional income doesn't mean she's either (a) piling on credit card debt, or (b) selling drugs. I'm trying to remember that her ups and downs are out of my control.

Otherwise, I have been o.k. I've been very busy with classes/work. I think I've gotten kind of stressed with it all. My schedule is getting quieter, but I still feel pumped/stressed. I want to figure out away to calm my mind down especially, since things around me seem relatively calm. I guess I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop? I'm going to attempt some guided meditation today, and probably a walk. Maybe, it'll just take a few days to quiet my mind.

Thanks for listening.
Old 08-06-2011, 06:29 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks. The meditation/walks, etc., seemed to have helped. I don't feel as much like I'm in emergency mode. I've been kind of taking it easy and trying not to worry too much. I've been having a lot of bad dreams, but that might be a good sign. Maybe, I'm taking time to process at bit?
Old 08-07-2011, 07:00 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Glad you were able to calm yourself. It takes practice. Meditation is what works best for me too.

gentle hugs
ke