talked to lawyer today about marijuana and AH

Old 07-22-2011, 06:16 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by cogito View Post
I"m not sure I see how it's your responsibility to talk to AH about this?
Because it's a crime.

726.6 Child endangerment.
1. A person who is the parent, guardian, or person having custody or control over a child or a minor under the age of eighteen with a mental or physical disability, or a person who is a member of the household in which a child or such a minor resides, commits child endangerment when the person does any of the following:
a. Knowingly acts in a manner that creates a substantial risk to a child or minor's physical, mental or emotional health or safety.

Allowing this to continue by doing nothing likely contstitutes child endangerement. The fact that it will be extremely uncomfortable to act is no excuse.
Old 07-22-2011, 06:31 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Eddiebuckle View Post
Because it's a crime.

726.6 Child endangerment.
1. A person who is the parent, guardian, or person having custody or control over a child or a minor under the age of eighteen with a mental or physical disability, or a person who is a member of the household in which a child or such a minor resides, commits child endangerment when the person does any of the following:
a. Knowingly acts in a manner that creates a substantial risk to a child or minor's physical, mental or emotional health or safety.

Allowing this to continue by doing nothing likely contstitutes child endangerement. The fact that it will be extremely uncomfortable to act is no excuse.
Is this the law in NC?

I think what Cogito meant was I don't need to waste my time explaining this to my AH because he is an adult and should know, but knowing how an addict thinks, I'd say he either doesn't realize it because he only thinks about himself, and/or thinks it isn't a big deal and is willing to take the risk, an/or doesn't care.
Old 07-22-2011, 07:46 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Exclamation new lawyer gives different suggestions

Another lawyer I talked to today said I need to go down to the police department and talk to a detective and give them the information and have them get a warrant and go to AH's house and charge him so I have documentation and to expose his drug issues to use in the divorce case for custody. He said I can't get temp custody without having a divorce case filed first. So I need to act quickly because the longer I let son be at dad's the more I look like I condone the behavior!

Now I am confused, my son is being dropped off here around noon, today is his dad's visitation day and dad is getting off work early my son told me. Son's 14th birthday is tomorrow. I don't want to let son know about this until dad is charged. I don't want to wait because what if the plants are moved soon for some reason?
HELP
Old 07-22-2011, 08:54 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jackthedog View Post
Another lawyer I talked to today said I need to go down to the police department and talk to a detective and give them the information and have them get a warrant and go to AH's house and charge him so I have documentation and to expose his drug issues to use in the divorce case for custody. He said I can't get temp custody without having a divorce case filed first. So I need to act quickly because the longer I let son be at dad's the more I look like I condone the behavior!

Now I am confused, my son is being dropped off here around noon, today is his dad's visitation day and dad is getting off work early my son told me. Son's 14th birthday is tomorrow. I don't want to let son know about this until dad is charged. I don't want to wait because what if the plants are moved soon for some reason?
HELP

What is in the best interest of your son in the long term? Hopefully that will remove the confusion.

If you don't want him exposed to a using father who is growing marijuana, then set the wheels in motion now.

Just my two cents worth.