I have'nt posted since 2008

Old 07-20-2011, 01:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I have'nt posted since 2008

Well in the last three years my AS has had a little girl. She's 2and a half an absolutely wonderful. I actually thought for the last two years he's been clean. He and the baby's mama have been seperated since September except for a breif weekend stint about 3 months ago. When he returned he told me she was smoking meth around my grand daughter. We notified DCS and have been in custody proceedings since. He's never really worked steady ever , one job to another with months between and living at home with us.He even went back to school and failed his only two classes. He's 24 now. He was 19 when we first sent him to rehab. About 3 weeks ago he went back to baby's mama again and we informed him that we would not be supportive of him living with our grandaughter with a meth smoking mother. Im sure he's probalby using too even though he's passed DCS drug tests, (birds of a feather). So the usual ransome tactics started about him needing money and how his daughter couldnt be around someone that didn't "trust him". The police picked him up last tuesday for selling oxicodone. He's been in jail since then because Ive left him there. He's calling every day to get him out. MY guilt has been creeping up on me so I had to get back here to remind myself that Im doing the right thing. As a side note his younger brother is out on bail with a court date pending for the same charge, hes 21. I don't think Im as guilty as I am afraid. Thinking if he does get out he'll be so mad at me and if we dont get custody rights to our grand daughter he will take her and put her back in that dangerous enviroment. DCS and the courts here don't work very fast. The mother passed 1 drug test, refused one and had two inconclusives from tampering, and the judge deemed that insuffecient to remove the child from the mothers, well acutally the mothers fathers home. With two son's in trouble with the law on felonies and a 2 year olds custody fight Im starting to stress a little. When i visited here regularly before its the only thing that kept my sanity. Thanks to you all.
Old 07-20-2011, 01:58 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Bless your heart...hang in there. You are doing the right thing...let him hit his bottom.
That sweet baby girl deserves SO much more than that extremely dangerous environment! I can only imagine how hard this is for you.
Stay strong.
Old 07-20-2011, 02:04 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome home ((LakeTime)) - sorry for what has brought you back, but this is still a good place to find ES&H. Prayers for you and your family.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 07-20-2011, 05:29 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome back.....you certainly have a full plate.

You, your sons, and your sweet granddaughter will be in my prayers today.

gentle hugs
ke
Old 07-20-2011, 05:54 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

supporting you, laketime.

you're always welcome here.
Old 07-20-2011, 06:05 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Welcome home. Keeping you in my prayers.

Hugs
Old 07-20-2011, 06:09 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
it is what it is

keeping you in my prayers - you certainly have a lot to deal with - blessings
Old 07-25-2011, 11:27 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

((Laketime))

Welcome back home - in '08 I was "Japic05" - a lot has changed for me too - we will have to catch up sometime -

My new hubby and I are raising a 7 yr old granddaughter too ~ it's tough but it's worth it!

Prayers for you & yours - ain't it grand to have our SR family to rely on for strength, comfort and guidance!

PINK HUGS,
Rita
Old 07-25-2011, 12:29 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Welcome back, although I'm sorry what brought you here. Prayers to you and your family.