helpless friend

Old 07-16-2011, 08:39 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

helpless friend

Hi my name is Destini and my best friend is 17 and he is in rehab since he is a minor friends are not allowed to visit him so I write him a letter everyday he has been there since June 3rd they had to put him on an antidepressant and he ran away from the facility on Tuesday they cops picked him up on Friday so he is back at the facility but now I'm scared to write him I do not want to say the wrong thing to set him off, can someone please help me?
Old 07-17-2011, 08:40 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Yankee

Destini, I am sorry that you are going through this with your best friend. You have come to a good place where you can share what you are feeling and get some really great insight from other people who know how you feel.

I agree with cynical one, all great suggestions! Definitely keep it light and upbeat, simple. He is going through a lot right now, so are you. By keeping things simple with your contact with him, it will allow him to focus more on himself and his recovery. You can come back here and read and post when you need to, this will help you put some focus on you as well. If you take care of yourself you will be able to be a better friend to him.

Take it one day at a time...
Old 07-17-2011, 09:45 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I also agree with the excellent suggestions that cynical one gave!