back to drinking daily

Old 07-14-2011, 05:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

back to drinking daily

iw rote a few weeks ago about my bf may be using again, he switched to acohol,,well to make a long story short he convinced me to come back so i did,, we dont live together ( thank god) but he has been drinking daily and we had a weekend planned to go to the lakes, well i called him and told him what time i was leaving and for him to meet me out there. he shows up 4 hrs later??? i was mad so i went to a differentlake to visit some friends, he called me and asked why i wasnt there, i told him i got sickl of waiting for him so i left, he said hw would stick around, well he didnt. i stayed the night he called me that afternoon and asked when i would be back in town, i said by 9pm. so we could meet up then.. needless to say he wasnt home didnt answer his phone etc... a few of these incidents have been happening more frequent, i have no proof of anything, but my gut is saying something is up? so its been rocky since then cuz i dont beleive anything he says now and i dont trust him.. so the other day he calls me up early in the morning ranting and raving about how i dont trust him and he is sick of it and he needs someone who wants to be with him and that trust him?.. i just let him ramble i didnt know what to think? i thought it almost seems like he's jonesing.. att imes i question if i have become so suspicious that everything seems to lead to him using in mymind or if he really is? just like he works graveyard shift, he should be home sleeping when he gets home,, no he is gone doing something? I catch him lies ocassionally . the wierd thing is he said this is it we are definatley over im not putting upwith this crap anymore, im outof here..later he texts me and asks me if i love him .. i said yes..then he says can you love me the way i am.. i sat there i didnt know what to say i said i love you but i cant deal with the drinking daily. he said ok bye forget about me dont call me ever,, he is leaving for a job on the road so i wouldnt see him for 2 weeks anyway, but im surprised by my reaction.. im sad but yet,im kinda glad its done?? im sad but not heartbroken? before i would have been beside myself . im just kinda numb and the idea of dating a man with no addiction issues seems really appealing to me.. he hangs out with people he shouldnt he quit going to meetings and talking to his sponsor, i asked him if i could test him, he flipped out, his doc is crack so i dont know if he is doing that also or what. ive seen his pupils dilated once asked him what he was on, he claims it was his medication his dr, perscribed for him mixed with alcohol... he says as long as he hasnt lost his job and can pay his bilss then his drinking should not be an issue???. he says he doesnt have an issue with it, he enjoys a few beers daily,,well now its vodka daily.. do i trust my gut instincts? this will turn into a bigger problem wont it?
Old 07-14-2011, 05:59 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi dogged

as an alcoholic I'm afraid my answer is an unequivocal yes.

I've never met anyone who did well, for themselves or those who love them, by drinking daily.

D
Old 07-14-2011, 06:01 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Yes, you should trust your gut. And yes, it very probably will turn into a bigger problem because alcoholism is progressive. It never gets better on its own. If he doesn't think he has a problem, then he's not likely to seek recovery. If he doesn't seek recovery, then you are just in for more of the same, plus some, as time goes by.

It sounds like he's ended the relationship, so he's actually done you a favor. Now you don't have to worry about how to do it. Take it as a gift and run with it. You deserve better.
Old 07-14-2011, 06:09 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

Alcohol & crack='s bad news. I believe he did you a favor, grieve and then move forward!

I am sorry that you are upset, however, this too shall pass.
Old 07-14-2011, 06:44 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

He's just doing what addicts do. Who needs this baloney?

Is it time for the happy dance?
Old 07-15-2011, 08:51 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

We all have a point to reach where we've had enough.... sounds like you've reached it... the sick and tired of being sick and tired ... Stay strong; you're in charge of your own happiness. You can get through this... it's one day at a time for us too!
Old 07-16-2011, 06:26 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I'm sorry that you are hurting but yes.....trust your gut instinct. This pain will lessen over time but the pain of watching the progression of addiction goes on and on and it's something we have absolutely no control over. You are taking control of your life. A relationship with a sober, healthy man is so much better than the attempt at a relationship with one in active addiction/alcoholism.

gentle hugs
ke