I don't know what to do with myself.

Old 07-10-2011, 04:39 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy I don't know what to do with myself.

Hello everyone,
This is my first time posting anything on this website. My mom referred it to me awhile ago and said it was a really good site to go to for my situation.

Basically right now, this is how I'm feeling exactly right now:

This morning my boyfriend had told me that his mom had to talk to him about something. It seemed to have been taking a really long time, so I kept calling him until he answered his phone. He was heavily breathing & almost to tears. He told me his parents were hitting him and attacking him. This was not the first time this whole scenario had occurred. It's happened various times before but he had never reported it to the police or social services; until today. He called the police and an ambulance truck along with cop cars came to his house...I kept calling him to try and see what was going on but the police officer kept telling him to get off the phone.

Later on I had received some text messages from him mom asking me to find a different place for my boyfriend to live. & I had responded "GLADLY! Somewhere so he won't get hurt!" Later on his parents arrive at my house and give my mom and her boyfriend the entire story of what had happened. Which PISSED me off. I hate his parents coming to my house, because to me it always seems like they're making up stories just to make them seem like the "good guys" .

I had been repeatedly calling my boyfriends phone trying to just talk to him and tell him I love him and I just wanted assurance that everything was going to be okay. But instead a police officer answered the phone telling me he had been admitted into EPS (Emergency Psychiatric Services) for 72 hours or it could be even more, depending how honest he is with the doctors. They said he can't have any contact with anyone, which is driving me CRAZY and it's all I can think about right now: just hearing his voice.

He had tested positive for marijuana & methamphetamine. He had also stopped taking his medications. Once he informed me he was going to stop taking his medications I was a little worried because he had did this before and it changed him and those changes weren't for the better. So I told him I didn't want him to do this again but he insisted that he had been taking his medication long enough to where he doesn't think he needed it anymore & that he'd be okay without it. I guess not...

But ANYWAYS. I made this post because I need advice on how to pass the time by until I finally get to hear his voice and what's going on and what's going to happen. Note, I spent everyday with my boyfriend for 2 years (yesterday was our 2 year anniversary). We ate exactly the same things together, we watched the same things together, went places together, we did absolutely everything together and I never have done things on my own really. I feel like I'm not myself without him & that I can't do anything without him.

If anyone could please give me any advice on what I should do while my boyfriend is gone?! I'm extremely stressed and depressed.
Old 07-10-2011, 06:48 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR.....I have to be honest here.....I'm not entirely sure how to respond to your post.

I guess I'd like to know a little more about you and your situation. How old are you and your boyfriend? Is he abusing drugs? That isn't clear from your post.

My best suggestion for you on how to spend the time while your boyfriend is gone is to pick up a wonderful book called "CoDependent No More" by Melody Beatty. Read it and see if anything in it rings true for you--it may or it may not but at least it will doing something while he's gone. Codependency is about losing ourselves in another person.....losing our own identity and not being able to function when they are not there. It is about the unhealthy nature of that kind of attachment and it is something that many of us are "afflicted" with here in this forum (including me).

Breathe. He is in the hands of professionals and perhaps that is where he needs to be right now.

gentle hugs
ke
Old 07-10-2011, 08:11 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I want to welcome you to SR as well. I agree with Kindeyes....while you are unable to be with your boyfriend it would be a great time to learn about codependency and just spend some time on you.

Let us know more about you and I am sure that others will be along to welcome you and share their experiences. When our loved ones are away in treatment or detox it's a good time to learn more about addiction and how to take care of ourselves.

Looking forward to getting to know you better.