pawn shops

Old 07-06-2011, 11:32 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

pawn shops

Does anyone know how to get informtaion on stuff that may or may not have been pawned? I believe my AH has pawned some of my things and want them back!!! I have never had much luck with the pawn shop owners working with me before and though maybe yall have experienced this before... any suggestions would be helpful!!!
Old 07-06-2011, 11:46 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Unless you have the pawn ticket, or proof that an item you see at the pawn shop has been stolen from you (i.e., a police report), it's not likely the pawn shop owners are going to be of much help.
Old 07-06-2011, 11:48 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Honestly I have,always called and asked if myabf had been there and if any one had brought in what im missing but I live in a small town only two pawn shops and my abf knows the owner so u guess its a bit diffrwnt good luck
Old 07-06-2011, 12:17 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Yankee

Everytime something of mine was pawned by my ex he came with me to get it out. But the one time I did try, they told me that I had to have the pawn ticket. Now if it is something like a tv or jewelry, maybe you can file a police report, then if you see soemthing of yours in one of the pawn shops....you can alert the authorities about it and get it back.
Old 07-06-2011, 02:35 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Just another day in the life of someone who chooses to live with and/or give access to an addict doing what addicts do.
Been there- done that ( been robbed) myself.

Never again.
Old 07-06-2011, 03:31 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

I thought that he was not living with you. Has that changed?

If you have jewelry missing, I would file a police report. As for the items you believed he pawned, he may have just sold them outright to the pawn shop, if so, and you did not file a police report, you are out of luck.
Old 07-06-2011, 05:32 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I lost jewellery and couldn't find it because I didn't have a photo of it and the police didn't care because it was taken from my home by someone in my home (not a break & enter).

I lost a TV because I didn't have the serial number to identify it as mine.

Today I use my camera and take pictures of everything, including the serial numbers. And I no longer allow any addict in my home.

Sorry for you loss. It's an old story here and a sad one, but most of us never get our treasures back.

We try to warn people coming in to lock up the valuables, hide the medications, and don't leave anything of value anywhere it could be taken.

I used to sleep with my purse under the pillow. How pathetic is that?

Hope you have better luck than most of us did.

Hugs
Old 07-07-2011, 06:10 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

dollydo:

Yes he is back. I will updat on a new thread.
Old 07-08-2011, 09:13 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

In Florida, if you file a police report, you can ask them to query the pawn shop databases for his name or his friend's names.