What do you know about Spice?

Old 06-29-2011, 10:32 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

What do you know about Spice?

Interested in finding out more about spice that kids are smoking now. I found all kinds of stuff on-line, but am wanting more personal experiences. Two of my kids are smoking it, and smoking ALOT of it. They both sound like 70 year old long term cigarette smokers.....
Old 06-29-2011, 11:09 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Sorry, I have no personal experience with it. How old are your kids? Do they live in your home?
Old 06-29-2011, 12:58 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I have 2 friends whose kids have both ended up in the ER overnight due to reactions to spice. Although it is legal in some states it's a drug that can really mess you up. I never thought I'd see the day where I told my son....if you are going to smoke something, smoke pot and not spice. I'd rather him not smoke ANYTHING but spice scares me even more than pot. None of it's good.
Old 06-29-2011, 03:16 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

My concern at this moment is how are you doing? It's painful to have children in active addiction.
Old 06-29-2011, 04:40 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

what the heck is spice?
Old 06-29-2011, 06:33 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

found this description of spice in Wikipedia

Synthetic cannabis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

hope that helps...
Old 06-29-2011, 09:22 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

As a recovering addict (and also have been on the family side of addiction), I have tried spice. It's disgusting (but then again, so is normal pot in my opinion). Doesn't even compare to LSD or the speed that are my drug of choice but what is it you want to know about it? Why is important to get more information on it when you cannot control what your kids smoke?

Hope you find what you're looking for. Welcome to SR!
Old 06-30-2011, 04:49 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

My son has smoked spice in the past...It is really $$$ and is nasty...ALOT of side effects...They buy it "legally" at a smoke shop...Your kids must have good jobs to afford it..cause pot is way cheaper...Believe me my son has done EVERY drug under the sun...and this would be a last resort for him... His friends have passed out and gotten physically sick from it as there is no mandate on what it is "laced" with...
Old 06-30-2011, 06:18 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

This stuff is sold here and is very expensive. Recently two kids have been hospitalized from it. Bleeding from nose that would not stop, vomiting. It is very dangerous. As WIworrier has said there is no mandate on what it "laced" with and a relative of mine has seen it made the stuff they put in it is almost as bad as meth.
Old 06-30-2011, 07:05 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I know a few kids who smoked it instead of pot to pass drug screens. I think it's sold as incense.
Old 06-30-2011, 07:49 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

It is sold as incense and on the package it tells you Not For Humane Consumption
Old 07-10-2011, 04:23 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

This stuff is the newest evil to engulf our young people and yes expensive. A lot of the kids are opting to buy this crap because it is legal. They don't have to worry if they get pulled over or caught with it, especially kids who are already in trouble with the law.
I think you have to be 18 to buy this lethol stuff...but who are we kidding? What kid doesn't have a friend that is of age? JUST ONE MORE THING US PARENTS HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT!!!!

My son (22) is battling hardcore addiction (alcohol and i.v drug use). He's used spice/incense and he can tell you he has had some very bad trips. This stuff is dangerous and authorities/medical are now saying they do not know the long term implications of using this stuff on our kids plus it is addictive.

20/20 had a documentary on this stuff about a month or so ago. They interviewed two sets of parents who lost their kids to this stuff. The kids committed suicide duing a bad trip do to extreme paranoia....I recall one of the boy's slashed his throat.
UNBELIEVABLE what a nightmare!!!!
Old 07-10-2011, 10:31 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

In my state, you DO have to worry if you are caught with spice-smoking paraphernalia.

That's what my AH got picked up with last week (homemade pipe). Or so he claims. But he smoked more of that spice than weed lately as far as I know (and do I really know anything? Probably not), since I ran off most of his weed connections but had a hard time running off the man at the tobacco store we bought a carton of cigarettes from once a week (I am taking my business elsewhere and paying a dollar more just because I am so disgusted with him right now...not only does he sell that spice, but I've heard rumors about him selling cigarettes and beer to kids, selling spice to kids, and possibly even selling some other things, but he's friends with my town's two cops, so I doubt anything will ever come of it). He always acted like our friend, but then again, don't most dealers when they want your business? I told him several times about our money problems and how AH couldn't handle the effects of the drug, what his medical problems were and what the drug could do to him, etc. I understand it's currently a "legal" product and all, and AH is over 19, so he's allowed to buy it, but this guy would act just like a dope dealer, offering free samples, discounts for bulk purchases, ALWAYS had a new kind AH just HAD to try, etc., basically dangling it in his face, and he'd get mad when I went in there with him and said NO, we would not be buying any of that today, just our regular carton of cigarettes, the free lighter that comes with it, and maybe a Mountain Dew or one of those newspapers with the local mugshots in it if we had a little extra money. Oh, and the last time AH bought it, he had MY debit card with him. He also had our son with him, since I didn't think he would be stupid enough to buy that crap and then pretend he didn't know why my debit card balance, which he saw me check that morning, was $20 less than it should have been. Tobacco Store Guy not only knows my routine of what I buy every week, he knew that AH was at the time a stay-at-home parent, and that I struggle to provide our kids with the necessities, which was one reason I had such a problem with AH paying $20+ for a tiny little pouch of "legal weed." Obviously AH makes his own choices, but I wish Tobacco Store Guy would tick off one of his cop friends (i.e. half of my town's cracker-jack police force) and get busted for whatever he does under the table, since I am almost sure it is something, even if the rumors are exaggerated.

I wish they would fix whatever loophole is still allowing that crap to be sold. It is JUST as bad as weed, if not worse.