Wife is out of Xanax - broke my chin open with my phone.

Old 06-27-2011, 11:43 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Just to be clear I didn't mean to say you deserved it!! Nobody ever does. It's never okay to be violent, and I really am sorry that she did that to you! But I found this post triggering especially this line,
"One of my old drinking buddies used to say "There's a wife beater in every one of us, your (the wife) job is to not bring it out."
It's true there's violence in everyone, women included, given the right set of circumstances! I just meant to say she sounds like she's been pushed to her limits!!!
This situation just sounds like tinder wood waiting for a tiny spark to set it all off. I do hope you can get some space from each other and get some help! Especially for the sake of your children.
I'm sorry I reacted like that. As a child I saw my own mother pushed past her limits and then judged for losing control. It made me crazy then, it still makes me crazy now. I shouldn't have commented. Sorry. Good luck!
Old 06-27-2011, 12:37 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

as a woman who was in an abusive (mentally and physically), a cheater on top of that, I had reached my boiling point where all I could see and feel is the pain this man has put me through and I wanted to kill him.

The only thing that kept me back was the thought of my kids having to live with him if I go to jail.

If you abused someone long enough whether it be emotionally, physically psychiologically or any other way, you YOURSELF have created a monster.

If all of a sudden you think years of abuse can be erased by "whaaat? look at me, I stopped drinking"......you're wrong. It don't work that way.
Old 06-27-2011, 12:49 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

I don't think anyone is saying that it does work that way at all. Perhaps the thread triggered you, but there is NO EXCUSE for physical violence. It sounds like a regular pattern with her and this time, she could very easily have hit her son in the face with that phone.

Regardless of what made her angry, becoming physically violent is WRONG, and if she cannot handle her anger any better than that, then she needs to be separated from the rest of her family until she can get herself some help.