RABF's drug pusher/doctor has gotten in trouble

Old 06-12-2011, 03:41 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

RABF's drug pusher/doctor has gotten in trouble

Yep, I looked at the news, and my RABF's former doctor/drug pusher is in the news for handing out prescription meds like candy. I am not surprised. I am only surprised that it took this long for him to be caught. When RABF went to him 2 years, or so, ago, RABF was clean from prescription pain meds. He asked the doctor for non-narcotic migraine relief, and the doc said, "What about oxycontin instead." I realize my RABF could have said, "No." obviously. However, my RABF said yes, and that started an 8 month spiral of drug usage. I never turned in the dr., but I thought about it a few times. Anyway, he is now in trouble, so we'll see how this goes. It turned on a lot of old feeling seeing the doctor's name and seeing what he was doing to other people. I told RABF about it, and I think it triggered some bad feelings for both of us. At one point, RABF started talking about how his friend was worse off then him because RABF went to a doctor, and his friend went to a crack house. RABF then got upset because I guess I was giving him a look. Yep, a look. RABF said that he guesses he can't talk about this kind of stuff with me. Whatever. Anyway, that's what happened. I hope the dr. will be stopped, but I know there will be many more drug pushers out there for people who want drugs.
Old 06-12-2011, 05:07 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

there are as many new suppliers of drugs as there are cockroaches. They keep coming out of the woodwork.

I always hate to hear that doctors ever get involved in that sort of thing - but addiction is an equal opportunity situation. I always had a tendency to be angry at anyone that had anything to do with my husband getting into drugs. Ultimately, it was him and you even speak to that.

I got into some sparring matches with my husband re: what was worse and it always ended up making me feel yucky. No matter how, no matter what....it's just a bad thing....
Old 06-12-2011, 05:41 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lightseeker View Post
but addiction is an equal opportunity situation..
That's a great point.