Heavy heart

Old 06-13-2011, 12:30 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
get it, give it, grow in it

I find comfort here

Thanks for the support !
I spent a couple of hours yesterday on the private beach where I lived with my son when he was a little boy.
Travis once said that "if everyone would just fly kites the world would be at peace" So I flew a kite at the beach for my son.
Old 06-13-2011, 03:22 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Sending love.
Babs
Old 06-13-2011, 05:21 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers today.

And I love that you flew a kite on the beach, that just touched my heart.

Big Hugs
Old 06-13-2011, 05:23 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Until it happens, we give lip service to the reality that dying is one of the outcomes of drug/alcohol use/addiction. But then when it really happens to us, we are changed forever. Because of my father's suicide due to alcoholism, I approach my son's addiction with much more intensity. There is no time to lose fooling around what to me seems like silliness when it comes to standing up to this neurologic condition called addiction.

(((SS))) I will not forget you. I cannot forget you. I cannot forget Travis' story - the successes and the mistakes that I know of through your writings. And it does not go unnoticed by me that Travis is your only child. From my own experience with the loss of my father to this disease, I had to go somewhere else for ESH besides Alanon and so I expected that you would gravitate to other places for help in this part of your journey. But you and Travis are not forgotten - not by me.

My AS is still spiraling downward. As someone earlier said, I do sometimes feel like I am watching him slowly die. But I refuse to "go there" and instead take it One Day at a Time and refuse to obsess over something that has not happened. He has gone no-contact with me, but I will e-mail him to tell him that I love him and miss him. I assume he gets the e-mails because I do not get a notification that the delivery failed.

Again, BIG ((((( ))))).

Sue
Old 06-13-2011, 01:45 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

thoughts & prayers for you my sweet friend -
i see a beautiful picture of you on the beach - praying that it brought you some comfort and that your HP will also give you peace

PINK HUGS and prayers!
Rita
Old 06-13-2011, 01:52 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

My Heart is with you and your loved ones. I feel your pain and sorrow. Im am on 7 months since my fiance passed away. I wish I knew she was doing drugs, at least I think I could have helped her. God Bless!
Old 06-13-2011, 04:37 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Sunny Side Up

Originally Posted by Spiritual Seeker View Post

It is painful to be truly powerless. I still can not accept what I can not change.

For me, please reach out to your loved one who suffers from addiction today with only compassion and love.
I don't visit here much these days as it is difficult to share sorrow.
It would be great to see updates from those that remember me.
I remember you lovely lady. I cried when I read your post, Im being honest SS. I too dont post alot these days because of the sadness I feel. sometimes i dont think anyone understands me, but they do, you do. Wrap my love around you darling, with a big hug for today and the next.
JJ
Old 06-14-2011, 02:59 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

God love you and be with you in these tough times for you. Prayers your way for God to give you comfort in the hard times. BIG HUGS from me to you
Old 06-14-2011, 03:13 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

[
QUOTE=Spiritual Seeker;2998647]Thanks for the support !
I spent a couple of hours yesterday on the private beach where I lived with my son when he was a little boy.
Travis once said that "if everyone would just fly kites the world would be at peace" So I flew a kite at the beach for my son.
[/QUOTE]

Trish,
What a lovely thing for you to do. What precious memories that must have brought back.

And what a special thought that was for Travis to speak. He might just be right. Wish we could make a world kite day. it is such a peaceful thing to do, isn't it?
love,
chicory
Old 06-14-2011, 04:24 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

(((SS))) - I'm sorry I didn't see this when you posted, but there isn't a day that I don't think of you and ((Travis)), send you the biggest, most comforting hug I can, and lots of prayers.

I understand why you don't post here, often, but I do hope you know that you and ((Travis)) remain in the hearts of so many of us.

I love that you flew a kite at the beach I think it was held up in the air by angel wings.

Love, hugs, and prayers,

Amy
Old 06-14-2011, 06:37 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
it is what it is

SS - My thoughts and prayers have been with you so many times through this past year. I cannot imagine this journey you have been forced to take, but please know you are not traveling it alone. As many have already said even though you have not signed on with us very often lately does not mean that you are forgotten. I joined this forum last June when my son was arrested and faced prison time - time that he has repeatedly said saved his life. I believe as you do that showing love and compassion to the loved one in your life who is addicted to drugs is vitally important, for you as well as for them. I have told my son that I will never allow him to forget who he is. Thank you for coming back to share with us and allow us to share with you. Your precious son, Travis, will never be forgotten. Take care of yourself and please come share with us as much as you can. Sending love and blessings - debra
Old 06-15-2011, 04:26 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

i was not around when travis passed away. i do remember you, travis & your story. i am so sorry about your loss. may God surround you & give you peace.
Old 06-15-2011, 02:47 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
get it, give it, grow in it

Thanks for the support ! I've missed you all !
Old 06-15-2011, 05:55 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Spiritual Seeker,

I am new here and so did a search to learn more about you and your precious son, Travis. I have not posted enough to be able to link to the thread where you so vividly and tenderly remembered him, but in case others want to find it, the title is something like "the beauty and goodness of our addicted loved ones."

What a fine young man he was, and what a senseless and tragic loss.