Fear and Love

Old 06-09-2011, 02:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Fear and Love

It is wonderful what a good cry, the support and prayers of family and friends, and a good night's sleep can do. This morning the lightbulb went on, and I realized where my anxiety was coming from yesterday. However I choose to respond to my daughter and her relapse/addiction, LOVE needs to be the motivating factor. Whether it is a gentle, compassionate, embracing love or a tough, protective, detached love - it must be love. Yesterday I was all over the map with my emotions - frustration, disappointment, and especially FEAR - not that these emotions are right or wrong but they were too much at the forefront, each clamoring for attention and control, and had I acted out on any of them it would not have been the best response. And I would have regretted it. It helps me just to realize this.

Perfect love casts out fear. I am reminding myself today - who is in control? If it is me, I have much to fear. If it is God, I have nothing to fear.
Old 06-09-2011, 03:29 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hope....what a beautiful post. And a great reminder. Perfect love does cast out fear.

Hugs....
Old 06-09-2011, 05:21 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hope,
That really IS a beautiful post. Thank you. This really hits me today...

I am reminding myself today - who is in control? If it is me, I have much to fear. If it is God, I have nothing to fear.
Amen to that!!!!!!