Great Song!! ~ for you lightseeker

Old 06-02-2011, 04:34 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Great Song!! ~ for you lightseeker

I was reading your thread this am lightseeker among many others here on SR. Thought of this song.

YouTube - ‪Rascal Flatts - I Won't Let Go (Lyrics)‬‏
Old 06-02-2011, 05:51 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Callie,

This is an amazing song!!!!!!! I have never heard it before but it is my new theme song. I have found God's presence in every place during this experience. Even my movers were named "New Beginnings" (had to smile at God's sense of humor and ability to support even through movers).

I had an interesting awareness the first go round of listening to this song.....6 years ago when my husband and I first got together I would have seen this song about how I felt about him.....the "I Won't Let Go" would have been my commitment to him and my love for him as he dealt with his struggles/addictions. I was so "noble" and dedicated. It's just wrong to attempt to be someone's higher power. I didn't mean to be but this song really helped to see that I set myself up for that. I was the "good woman" behind the man that just needed someone to love him. Thankfully, I've come around to the point that when I hear this song I associate it with my Higher Power's presence in my life!

I also feel God's love and presence for me in the angels that are supporting me as I go through this.....thank you so much for thinking about me. I am really touched and appreciate it. It just seems like yesterday when you were going through everything with your husband. You were so strong and so open about your experience. I really have a lot of respect and admiration for you and you helped to inspire me to become stronger.

Thank you again! XXOO Donna
Old 06-02-2011, 06:20 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

So funny...I heard this song today on my way home from work & was thinking I needed to add it to my playlist titled "help" on my ipod. I play it when I am having one of those days!
Thanks!
Old 06-03-2011, 10:16 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Yankee

Im glad I am not the only one who seems to use music as an outlet. Callie, that was a sweet thing to post for Lightseeker, and Barelyhere it is a groovy idea that your ipod has a playlist called *help*.

I have a band that I listen to all the time, every song seems to have some kind of meaning, evoking different emotions. I listen to them to feel sad.... so I can remember where I came from, to feel angry.....to remind myself not to ever go back, and to feel happy...so I can be present in my feelings today and continue my recovery.
Old 06-07-2011, 08:14 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

"I will dry your eyes.
I will fight your fight."

Thanks for the song.

NH7