Hey all, I have a date!

Old 05-17-2011, 08:46 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hey all, I have a date!

Hey guys! It's C*A*L*L*I*E.

I just wanted to let you know that after 13 months of being divorced I have a date! I've been asked out multiple times by people along the way but knew I wasn't ready, wasn't interested and declined. A few threads ago I was talking about a guy that's a childhood friend. We've been talking, I knew he was interested, but made it very clear I was only interested in friendship. He was actually my boyfriend in 7th grade. LOL

Well, last week he asked me to come over and he'd cook me dinner. I finally said yes. It's just dinner (he's cooking) and I'm renting a movie. Only on a friends level. He knows everything that I've been through. He's not pushing at all and is walking the baby steps with me. He knows my family, I know his, we have many mutual friends in common etc. He knows my story, I know his. We are 1 year apart. He has a dd that's a year younger than mine.

We were talking and he asked me what I expected out of a man. My answer... no drugs, no losing jobs, no wrecking cars, no prison time served. LOL. His response was that I make him as gitty as a school girl and he'd love to have the opportunity to treat the kids and I the way we should be treated. He said any man would be lucky to have the opportunity to be in my life blah, blah, blah.

Anyway ~ nothing to heavy at all on my part. Just feels good to be in the land of the living again.
Old 05-17-2011, 01:31 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Have fun Callie. I'm glad you are taking things slow and not jumping into a relationship with him, no matter what his WORDS say.
Old 05-17-2011, 02:37 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I hope your date goes wonderfully! We'll look forward to hearing more!

gentle hugs
ke
Old 05-18-2011, 08:48 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

So proud of how you have been handling things. Keep moving forward. Have fun on the date!
Old 05-19-2011, 11:38 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Callie, It's great to see you taking care of yourself. Baby steps is a good way to start dating. Congrats to you!

Hugs,
Chris