Going to my First NarAnon Meeting Tonight!

Old 05-15-2011, 01:46 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Going to my First NarAnon Meeting Tonight!

I am finally going to my first Nar-Anon meeting tonight! (I did go to one online a week or so ago, but this is my first face-to-face.) I was looking for one in my area the other day, and it so happened that one is forming ten minutes away from my house, and tonight is their very first meeting--so if I end up going regularly I will have been a part of their group from day one.

Universe!
Old 05-15-2011, 04:08 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
I AM CANADIAN

oooh your are so lucky, we dont have one around here, so i have al anon...hard to find someone with my story...but i am still in recovery and no one will ever stop that....have fun...and keep an OPEN MIND/HEART!
Old 05-15-2011, 05:19 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I hope things click for you. Just remember, give it more than one try if they don't!

Good for you
Old 05-15-2011, 08:42 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks guys! I am really glad I went. I got very emotional when I shared because I am not used to talking to other people about these things, but coming here and writing gave me the strength to open up in person. I felt like a sentimental fool who is on step one, but everyone was very supportive. It is just amazing to see everyone come together for the sake of recovery.
Old 05-15-2011, 08:57 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I want to go to one so bad but we don't have within an hour from my house how wws it?
Old 05-15-2011, 09:08 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

It was awesome to be around people who are going through something similar to what I am and who have been where I am. Have you thought of Al-Anon? They tend to be more widespread. There are also meetings online...I have only gone to one so far, but it was helpful as well.