What do I do????

Old 05-14-2011, 10:10 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

What do I do????

I just registered to this forum because I need help but have no where to turn. Last week, my boyfrined, who is a drug addict, overdosed on opana, xanx, and possibly heroin. I called his dad and we rushed him to the ER. He almost died that night. He had to spend the rest of the week in the hospital. I thought this would finally wake him up, but it didn't. as soon as he got home he started right back up with the drugs. He's now in rehab and plans to go to a half way house when he gets out but I'm afraid he'll just go back to drugs. I love him with all my heart but I can't take the lies and the drugs anymore. there is no way i can be without him. I was wondering if anyone out there has any advice about what to do? Has anyone been through this?
Old 05-14-2011, 10:45 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi, and welcome to SR!

First, know that when he's using, you are "without him", even if he's physically present. As far as what to do, right now the right things are happening - he's going to rehab and hopefully will get better, which means that he will learn that his addiction is something that he cannot entertain without losing more of himself. Meanwhile, you might want to consider a group for loved ones of addicts/alcoholics and learn to detach with love. His addiction does not have to drag you down with him, regardless of how much you love him. You have taken an incredibly brave and important first step by asking for input here - keep coming back! This place is wonderful!
Old 05-14-2011, 10:51 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

J wanted you to know uh are not alone. Even tho it may feel that way. I'm going through the same situation except I'm 8 months prego w a child he begged for.I finally said enough is enough. but i will admit i feel like I'm dying inside but I finally come to realize at least when this hurt stops it aint happing anymore but I have put up w so much bs I j can't do it anymore I sure hope he gets better for u both.sry this ain't much help but j wanted you to know you are not alone