update :(..kind of long

Old 04-08-2011, 11:56 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
tam

update :(..kind of long

Hello to all my friends on SR..as you know my AH of 27 years (53 years old)left last december due to his addiction to pain meds, he ran to a young couple's apt who he met the young girl (26) a month before at a phsycriatic facility. as you know it has been a struggle for me (as you all can relate to) trying to help him and getting him into rehab. nothing worked. finally after coming here for support I started on my own recovery and pretty much was doing good. we are currently in the divorce process,which was just another huge burden and more stress, but slowly was getting through it.
I have gone no contact for a few months now, it was the best for me to recover and enjoy life and find peace. we have been to court a few times as well as in person meetings with our attorneys, all of which were not pleasant or amicable.
I have joined 2 divorce groups and now go to church. My HP has given my faith back and the strength and courage to get me through this and of course everyone on here as well.
I finally came to a place where I found peace, forgiveness and came to terms that things happen in our lives that we truly cannot control and if we rely on others support and our HP we will get through it.
the couple and my AH had plans to move to maine after our divorce. however, recently the young girl found out her husband has been cheating on her. She left to go to maine to find a place to live near her mom for my AH and herself, they were going to try to move on.
I had to come to terms with our marriage was over, I had to come to terms
that he is intitled to things and I finally came to the point where I wanted to end this amicably. we both have suffered and I didnt want any what if's left behind.
So I got myself together and called him last week while the girl was in maine and her husband was at work.He told the recent events they were going through, I was shocked. But we talked about a settlement and we were heading in a good direction.
this past tuesday the young girl came back and things went down hill for both her and my husband (they both have mental illness)..my AH went to his pain dr. and came home to find the young girl unresponsive. He administered mouth to mouth and the paramedics arrived and worked on her and got her to the hospital. It was learned the next day that she took my AH whole bottle of pain meds alongwith a bottle of klonipin.
she is currently in critical condition and on a respirator.
I pray she recovers, I pray he gets through this, I pray they can go to maine. I pray I too can get through this. I pray for her family.
He is a mess mentally. I talked to him today and it was good, but I cannot
help him anymore, he has to help himself. I pray he does. All I can do is support him during this difficult time.
I never in a million years thought this turn of events was going to happen.
It breaks my heart to know another family is suffering and in pain from this.I hate drugs, I hate what it does to people and loved ones. I hate the trajedy of it all.
But I will keep hope alive and have faith that everyone someway somehow
recovers. I have taken a few steps back from this trajedy but know in time I will heal. I pray they can heal too.
Please pray for this young girl and her family, please pray that my AH gets help and recovers as well as he is experiencing the consequences.
as for me, I will get through this. I will take it one day at a time.
I want to give a special thanks to atalose for saving me in my darkest moments and giving me the support I so much needed and still need.
thank you all too for the support you all have given me as well.
lets all pray for each other and our loved ones.
hugs to you all!
Old 04-08-2011, 12:18 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Your loving detachment and self love is a beautiful gift to all. Prayers on the way for everyone.
Old 04-08-2011, 01:49 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Oh Tam.. wow..well from a bottoming out standing this could be a good thing..you've got two mentally ill addicts livng together in an extremely dysfuntional way..drama and choas WILL ensue.You are right about not being able to help him, he must be the one to get his own peers to help him..it is all so tragic..what a cunning and baffling disease.hope you keep up with all those great things you are doing for your recovery!:ghug3
Old 04-08-2011, 07:28 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

(((Tam))) - hugs and prayers for all of you.

Amy
Old 04-08-2011, 09:01 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'm sending out prayers.