Things I've Learned

Old 04-07-2011, 05:01 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Things I've Learned

In my early journey to sanity, I've already learned some things:

1. Feelings are just feelings. I can process them and choose how to react to them. If they're all jumbled up, I do not react. I wait until I can sort them out and decide what is best for me.

2. Doing this has allowed me to get my head out of the sand and allow me to see things as they really are. It's amazing how solutions somehow come to surface. It also has helped to keep my hands off of attempting to manage other people's problems.

3. This is beginning to actually open up my thoughts to having hopes and dreams about my future and what I want to really do with the rest of my life. I no longer feel stuck in a rut.

I am in the early phases of working my steps in recovery and already I see a difference. I encourage all newcomers to immerse themselves in reading and reaching out for support.

I just wanted to share the good news about this board and recovery program. Today I am well and I can bask in it without feeling guilty that I am leaving my loved ones behind.
Old 04-07-2011, 07:40 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

BRAVO!
Old 04-07-2011, 07:05 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

2. Doing this has allowed me to get my head out of the sand and allow me to see things as they really are. It's amazing how solutions somehow come to surface. It also has helped to keep my hands off of attempting to manage other people's problems.
Great observations!! It sounds like you may be ready for a new avatar to show the new recovering you!
Old 04-07-2011, 09:55 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Then the bird said 'Nevermore'

These are great, I'm going to steal them and use them

Thanks for posting!

xo
Old 04-08-2011, 06:12 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Greet: Yes, I need a new Avatar as I am re-defining myself.
Old 04-08-2011, 08:09 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I love it when people get better and change thir names/avatars to suit where they are..can't wait to see!
Old 04-08-2011, 09:26 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
I AM CANADIAN

Originally Posted by hope2be View Post

1. Feelings are just feelings. I can process them and choose how to react to them. If they're all jumbled up, I do not react. I wait until I can sort them out and decide what is best for me.
i am an RE-ACTOR...i use to react to everything...i was sick...i have been in recovery now this month 1 year.....the al anon THING! slogan has helped me so much this year...i am not willing to give it up just yet (lol)

in tradition 11: our public relations policey is based on attraction rather than promotion
my children see and tell me the difference and the people closest to me have asked me...WHAT CHANGED? ME!! and my attitudes.....

I would not give my recovery up for nothing....