OT..HP power at work today

Old 04-05-2011, 08:24 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

OT..HP power at work today

Well, I am 40 years old and just got fired for the first time in my life..and I could not be more relieved..my HP stepped in and did for me what I could not do for myself.
I work as an early interventionist part time during the week, and at a winery on the weekends.I had gotten out of the wine industry a couple of years ago and never wanted to go back, but a year ago Christmas my work closed and a friend offered me the job..I had a kid fresh off a 17 grand stint in rehab and needed the money.Well I hated it more than ever..I was miserable, but wouldn't quit due to the money issues.This weekend was the last straw..drunk people demanding things all around me..I was the only one working the bar on one of the busiest days we had.I felt emotionally and physically beat up by the end.
Apparently I got some complaints..all vaild I'm sure.the owner just put a check in the mail and wasn't even going to talk to me.My friend is the manager and called to tell me..poor thing.
Bottom line..I know I should have quit, but was trying to tough it out.I txted my other boss(the meaningfull job helping kids) she said that she is so blessed to have me and glad they let me go so she could have me more hours...sometimes a shove in the right direction is needed..THANK YOU HP!
Old 04-05-2011, 09:11 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

what a positive attitude. glad to see you taking it the best way possible.

keep your head up.

hugs and prayers.
Old 04-05-2011, 09:34 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

(((Keep))) - LOVE your attitude!!! Glad they will have extra hours for you at the meaningful job that you LIKE!

Amazing how HP works, huh?

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 04-05-2011, 10:29 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
The sun still shines

Keepinon, when I was 44, I also got fired for the first time in my life. I hated the job but wanted to prove to myself I could stick it out. Four years later I got fired. It was the BEST thing that ever happened to me, even though my ego was devastated at the time.

I had a hobby that had the potential for a business and I decided that day that I will eventually get myself to a stage where I would not have to rely on a company for employment. It took a couple of years, but today at 52 it is a thriving business.

I firmly believe that if we don't listen to our gut feeling when we are unhappy, our HP will kick us on the butt to wake us up.

I hope you manage to do what you enjoy and that enough money come in to meet your commitments!
Old 04-06-2011, 07:01 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

keep
Isn't it amazing when our HP takes care of things for us!! Your attitude is great!! You now have more time to do something else that you LOVE rather than continuing to do something that you LOATH!

That's WONDERFUL!

I think this calls for a celebration!

Isn't it nice to have your own personal cheerleading squad!

gentle hugs
ke
Old 04-06-2011, 07:03 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

congrats on getting fired????

well i think - maybe?? :rotfxko
bwah ha ha ha ha ha ha

Anyway - How awesome to take what life throws at you with an open mind & great attitude! Hope all goes well with the "good" job & you continue to do well there!!

PINK HUGS!
Rita
Old 04-06-2011, 07:57 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

HP is amazing, always knows exactly what is best for us even when we don't.
Old 04-06-2011, 08:39 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I had been sooo grumpy this past week..realized I wasn't "in the flow" or headed in a positive direction..prayed to be back in the flow and see clesrly what needed to happen..all day yesterday I got little signs, went to the beach where I always reconnect with a power greater than myself, felt happy and peaceful for first tiem in a while...got home and fot the phone call..told my friend that it was the perfect end to a great day..
But, there is a little shame about being fired and had a hard time sleeping last nite..opened up my Spirtuality and Health mag to this page
"HELP WILL BE GIVEN
It might take a very long time, and that which comes might be quite differnt from that which one expects or even wants, but it is a spiritual law that if the need is great enough, help will be given."
Wow!Read it to my husband who said"how much more proof do you need that this was the right thing?"How true! Already talked to my neww boss and added another day of work.We have debt, but financially will be fine. And I feel like my prayer was answered in record time.I know where I am headed now and feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders..thanks for all the kind words guys!
Old 04-06-2011, 08:50 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I always remember Ann saying that coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous

You are blessed and may the blessings continue!
Old 04-06-2011, 09:32 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

keepinon,

"When God closes the door, somewhere He opens a window."

Congrats on the good job. Isn't that just like our HP? He is always full of surprises. He answered your prayers in His time and in His way.

Hugs and prayers.