Trying to stay focused...

Old 04-03-2011, 05:10 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Trying to stay focused...

on me that is. Thursday AH went to the outpatient rehab and had his assessment done. I didnt ask any questions about it, I just saw the papers sitting on the countertop so I know he went. I wanted to ask but told myself its his thing not mine. I have been trying to focus on me and my life. I have started applying for full time jobs, I work part time now but realize that I need to be able to support myself and my son if in fact I decide to leave. Saturday I had to work, when I got home there was a strange car in the driveway. When I came inside some guy was here, AH introduced me and said it was a friend from school. They hadnt seen each other in 15 years. I was rude, I just dont think its time to introduce new people in our lives. Once again I told myself, this isnt my thing. I went in my room and did my thing. This is hard, I am so used to voicing my opinion!!!
Old 04-03-2011, 07:17 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

jen
You're doing great! Fighting the urge to comment or ask questions is sooooo hard!
gentle hugs
ke
Old 04-03-2011, 12:28 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by cynical one View Post
One of the things suggested in recovery is to change your playmates, if this guy was a non-using friend...maybe it wasn’t a bad thing.
The only problem is I have never heard of or met this person before. I have no clue if he uses or not. I would ask my husband but dont think I would get a straight answer. I guess time will tell.