When will it stop????

Old 03-18-2011, 09:21 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

hold that line enodm!
you are doing a great job!

i would love to have a pop up trailer, i love camping.
so peaceful and quiet.

OT hydrogirl
Oy! "Jr." talked about many "job interviews" and "job opportunities" that somehow never actually happened

this reminded me of "unfortunate incarceration"!

I just recently heard about my (working) daughter's boyfriend having "interviews" at certain "places" that "maybe" his dad could get him a paying "job".
Pffft, when I hear it, I can actually see the air quotes!

:rotfxko
Old 03-18-2011, 09:24 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

pacificsunrise~ WELCOME!!! let me say that I have found so much support here and great adivce!!! It has helped me through everything I am dealing with.
My husband is an alocholic, on top of my 20 year old son being a drug adict.... With my hubby I have threatened to kick him out, I have scoped up the kids and went to my parents, been called every name in the book, accused of me being crazy and over bearing so on and so forth... When my hubby is sober he is the most incredible guy and I adore him so much, but from time to time when he is drunk he says mean things.. than the next day it's a whole other story... Luckily my hubby rarely drinks now YAY, but who know how long that will last.
My advice is take care of you and your babies!! Dont fall for the presents and sweet gestures, to me it's like the abusive husband who beats their wife than appologizes with gifts until the next time he beats her again. It's a cycle which wont end until you fix you and he fixes himself. My step daughter is a mess from growing up with her dad and biological mom drinking and doing drugs. Your babies need a normal stable envorinment or they too will be affected.

xoxo
Old 03-18-2011, 09:40 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

enodm,
thank you so much for your kind words. i am at a place where i need a constant reminding that i am doing the right thing for me and my children in order not to go back to denial. it is so hard b/c my husband is the most wonderful guy most of the time. we have had so much fun and so many fond memories and it makes it so much harder to believe that he is addicted. even though he had at one time admitted to me that he has been doing it occasionally for years. i had no idea. i come from family that has no experience with drugs whatsoever and i never even looked for the obvious signs.
anyways, please stay in touch as i am new and have not yet met many of the members and thank you again.
warm hugs and prayers for you and your family
Old 03-18-2011, 01:16 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

God only knows the places my daughter slept..but sleeping there night after night along with all the other consequences brought her to want recovery..you don't feel bad because he is feeling the consequences of his addiction and thats a good thing..PAIN motivates us to want to stop the harmful behaviors..you are now allowing him to do that..maybe that's why you feel good about it..it's moved from your head to your heart