worried....

Old 03-13-2011, 08:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

worried....

so worried/scared my husband has been sober for 3 months, well all week i have started to see a side of my husband i seen while he was using drugs/drinking. it's to the point i think he might be using again.

tonight he had an AA meeting he came home, i was cleaning and he stood there and i said to him "it looks like you have something to say" he said he did, i said "did you do drugs?"nhe told me "no" he then told me he was reading this paper on Relapse Warning Signs and he said he had everyone that was on the paper.

i have been very worried about everything, i can not go threw what i did before. he had an overdose november 24, 2010 when i found him he was parked in the middle of the road, car running, pills everywhere, and he was out. i was so scared he was dead.

after that night he really made it a point to get sober, and as far as i know hasn't used since that night. i went threw some pretty bad emotional/verbal abuse everyday for a year, he even ran my foot over with our car. it brings back so many old feelings/hurt, when i see him act the way he has been, when i have enough to worry about as it is. i'm not even over the stuff that happend as it is, to have it all happen again.

he has been saying very hurtful things to me again, we just are not getting along. i knew something was bothering him i keep asking him whats wrong, and he keeps telling me that "it's nothing" he is "fine", when i know better i know him.

i have been so sad this week because of everything, i just don't know if i could go threw it again, i don't think i'm strong enough to do it all again. we go to marriage counseling and tomorrow i'm calling to start some counseling on my own.

after he told me i got online to read about signs of him having a relapse, we went over it together and everything i was reading just fit to how he's been acting. i'm kinda freaking out inside. i feel so lost and don't really know what to think.

Andee
Old 03-13-2011, 08:38 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

i'm also scared because he said it was just a matter of time before he started using heroin, because it was easy to get, does the same thing as the pain pills, and is cheaper. i'm really scared if it happens he will turn to that. i know him on the pills was bad i don't even wanna think of him on heroin.
Old 03-13-2011, 08:47 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Andee

I think it's important not to panic. The fact he's aware of this is great.

If your husband is attending AA, I'm assuming he has a good support network, and I'm assuming he wants to stay clean and sober and knows how to use that network.

A relapse can only happen if we let it. Your husband's in the driving seat now

Best wishes to you both he'll come through this and grow from the experience.

What are you doing for support, Andee? Have you tried AlAnon or anything?
D