Another boundaries question

Old 03-13-2011, 08:56 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Another boundaries question

This topic seems so simple in theory, but I'm finding it more complex to put into action. Just finished typing my boundaries out, to help remind myself what they are. (They aren't new -- I've just lost focus lately.)

Do I let my AH (who has relapsed and is a mess) know that I've renewed my commitment to these boundaries, and let him know exactly what they are? Or do I just recommit to them myself and if he crosses one (which is a sure thing) let him know that I can't live with x, y or z and take action as needed?

Our house is on the market, and we were looking for a rental together, but I'm also looking for one for just me -- I believe he's decided to choose drugs rather than family, so I will likely need my own place. I'm very sad but at peace with leaving if that's what's needed to keep myself safe and sane.
Old 03-13-2011, 11:17 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I typed up some boundaries that were specific to my daughter and shared them with her. When she crossed them, I verbally reiterated what was unacceptable to me and then told her to leave my home (that was the consequence).