Did you or your AS eventually confess to drug use and why?

Old 03-10-2011, 06:12 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question Did you or your AS eventually confess to drug use and why?

It's been almost five years since I first suspected use of opiates by my husband. I would try to ignore what I saw as he would always deny any usage. Of course after a few months of pain and anger build up I would confront him and again, denial.

This is the first time in all these years that I am really distancing myself from him as he hurt me more than ever in our 20 years together. The fact that he told me I was f-in crazy, mentioned divorce and he called me the worst thing a woman could be called; all because I love him and worry. All this after I found an oxycodone and he one week earlier admitted to using a "few times" with alcohol to enhance intimacy (it doesn't enhance it what so ever for me!) I think that was my sign that things will not change. I can't help him. My last confrontation with him regarding his usage was the final straw... I'm convincing myself of that.

So we are civil to one another when he gets home from work and talk little. But for the last week I've slept in the spare bedroom. He leaves in the morning with no goodbyes. I'm getting stronger and feel it's time to move on with my life. Heck, I even quit smoking cigs cold turkey over a month ago and didn't even light up after that last fight! YAY!!

I'm curious... when did your AS confess if they did? Or if you are a past user, what made you get help?