Lets' Remember...

Old 03-07-2011, 06:58 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Lets' Remember...

I think it is very important to remember why we are here, take a look back in the corner of those walked in worn out shoes, God forbid we have to ever put them back on. Till the day I pass those shoes will be with me, as they are filled full of emotions, guidence, knowledge and strength

I had those shoes on the day I came to SR where I stood silently behind the curtain, so reluctlant to dare show my shoes. Those shoes gave me guidence to show my toes, where I was greeted with many caring, patient, non-judging welcoming shoes. Sometimes my shoe laces became undone and I would trip and fall, thank goodness for the other kind caring shoes here that would help lace me back up. Had a pair of muddy boots came along and stood on my shoes, I don't think my shoes would have stayed.

My hope is that we take the time and READ Ann's STICKY at the Top of our Form Page titled "Please Read". Myself I just feel that at times some of our replies have been very bold and can be taken hurtfull to someone in a terrible place in their lives right now. We have no right to push or blast our beliefs on anyone. If we don't like what is being said, maybe we should just reframe from replying.

This place has been a Godsend to me, as I spent many dark days and nights here as I am sure many other here have as well and so sould anyone be able to without being intimidated.

Cheers,
Rose
Old 03-07-2011, 07:25 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
it is what it is

thank you rose - well said
Old 03-07-2011, 07:34 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Beautifully said Rose....I so agree. I think that alot of times the inability to see a smile or kind eyes make the written word something that needs to be considered carefully before being written.

I know that there are so many times that I have NOT posted because I was afraid of strong replies or a sharp tone....it's tough when you are already vulnerable.

The members of our forums are in so many different stages. Some have are in Naranon and Alanon and some are not. My face to face meetings have taught me a whole lot about not cross talking or giving advice. Ann's sticky does a great job of concisely summing up many of those principles.

There are so many times I have to read and reread a thread...so many times I've wanted to offer up my opinion or advice. When I feel inclined to respond I try and go back and make sure that the person has asked for opinions or advice. If they haven't I really try to keep my opinions to myself. I think that we can share our experiences but the only shoes that we walk in are our own....I love how you used the analogy of the shoes.

I'm so glad that you posted this!!!! Thank you for being you!
Old 03-07-2011, 07:42 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

So perfectly said, Rose.
Thank you....
Old 03-07-2011, 09:36 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Ok Rose, please forgive me for moving a little OT, but I had court today to finalize my legal separation from my husband. My lawyer told me I am "as loyal as an old shoe". I thought, goodness gracious NO! I don't want to be loyal as an "old shoe", LOL. What in the world has happened to me. Anyway, maybe it's time I get some new shoes!!! I know your post is meant to be somewhat serious, but I had to chuckle at myself a little. And the analogy is so timely for me! Thanks!
Old 03-07-2011, 10:55 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

That is to funny New...I have never heard that saying before, can't blame you though not really to flattering is it...LOL

Rose
Old 03-08-2011, 04:29 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by rose View Post
This place has been a Godsend to me, as I spent many dark days and nights here
This board has been my lifeline in those times. Thank God for IPhones as I have had to get some support by reading post even at work. It has become my beacon light at the end of the tunnel.
Thanks, Rose