SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Substance Abusers (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/)
-   -   Charlie... (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/221633-charlie.html)

rose 03-06-2011 12:22 PM

Charlie...

Does anyone feel like I do, the world is making fun of a very sick man!

suki44883 03-06-2011 12:25 PM

In a way. It is obvious that he's pretty much out of control, but he is the one putting himself out there for comment. I hope he gets the help he needs, but it's not something we can force on him.

Stimmed 03-06-2011 12:31 PM

I dont feel anything really, but yeah.

Guess we wont see any time-share here, for any non human visitors unfortunate enough to come across our mess makin way o things heh...

keepinon 03-06-2011 12:33 PM

I DO think he's sick..but also such an arrogant insufferable tool..

rose 03-06-2011 12:54 PM

Stimmed...ha!

He sure is putting himself out there, wow!

rose 03-06-2011 12:57 PM

Stimmed?

Is this thread a no no?

Stimmed 03-06-2011 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by rose (Post 2888367)
Stimmed?

Is this thread a no no?

Dont getya Rose?

Kindeyes 03-06-2011 02:06 PM

It makes me feel compassion for his parents.

mooselips 03-06-2011 03:57 PM

It's watching addiction up close and personal..... again.

I love the part about his 2 goddesses, he sure is full of himself.

He sure is full of himself......."winner"

LosingmyMisery 03-06-2011 04:07 PM

I watched his broadcast last night. He was totally different. He was controlled and more focused, not the erratic Charlie throwing out bizarre statements and crazy quips. He is still arrogant and entirely full of himself. He is trying to get work by doing this radio/video broadcast. He can tone it down when need be. However, to little to late? Nonetheless, still major issues going on there.

ETA: He also got "winning" tattooed across his wrist. If I never hear that word again...

IndyOG 03-06-2011 04:10 PM

Looks like Sean Penn is trying to get him to come help in Haiti. Intervention?

LosingmyMisery 03-06-2011 04:14 PM

That is a terrific idea. Get his mind off of something other than himself, and maybe finding some level ground, if possible. All this media attention as adding fuel to the fire and his ego. Maybe helping those who are living in devastation will help him put things into perspective.

thequest 03-06-2011 04:54 PM

coming down

Originally Posted by LosingmyMisery (Post 2888571)
I watched his broadcast last night. He was totally different. He was controlled and more focused, not the erratic Charlie throwing out bizarre statements and crazy quips. He is still arrogant and entirely full of himself. He is trying to get work by doing this radio/video broadcast. He can tone it down when need be. However, to little to late? Nonetheless, still major issues going on there.

ETA: He also got "winning" tattooed across his wrist. If I never hear that word again...

He's probably coming down from the drugs and the earlier media attention. He has problems but I think alot of it was for attention.

Minus well use a public figure/news like this as an example even if for nothing but a before and after picture of drugs and no drugs. What really irks me is the way the talking heads are just slamming him. Again I think ex alkies/addicts love this because it makes them seem tame while at the sametime validating or justifying some of their behaviors.

keepinon 03-06-2011 05:03 PM

Charlie Sheen has threatened, beat, and generally been a complete abuser to women..he's not funny, he's scary. I hope he winds up in jail..he's escaped SOOOO many times.

Ann 03-06-2011 05:06 PM

I think his "goddesses" will disappear the moment the cocaine runs out.

And I am glad that they got the children out of this sick situation.

That said, Charlie is in my prayers, as are all addicts who suffer. I pray for his parents and children too.

Hugs

rose 03-06-2011 06:30 PM

I agree Ann, his goddesses will be gone, though from his past with women he has abused each one of them sooner or later. Also glad they removed his children. He looks so unhealthy...his teeth really in bad shape, of what you could see of them, he did seem to be self conscience of them.

My exah was wacky like this from the crack, he had a goddess to, he was 43 and she was an 18 addicted prositute, she was his Angle though, she would were big purple wings and he told me they were going places! I suppose this was Winning! It's OK, you can laugh...I do...now!

Rose

laurie6781 03-06-2011 07:42 PM

Again I think ex alkies/addicts love this because it makes them seem tame while at the sametime validating or justifying some of their behaviors.
EXCUSE ME???? First of all there is no such thing as an 'ex alcoholic or ex addict'. Once an alcoholic, always an alcoholic and once an addict, always an addict. They are either in recovery or still practicing.

Now if still practicing their affliction, they might think, if they are even aware of his latest actions make themselves seem a bit tame.

However, for all those in recovery for any length of time, and based on my own personal experience and my experience of working with others these almost 30 years, they see his actions and have to sit there and say to themselves:

"There but for the Grace of HP go I."

I and others I know sit back and watch his actions, and those of others in the past as a good reminder of where I/We do NOT want to go back to.

Please think twice about making 'all encompassing' statements like the one above that paint all alkies/addicts with the same brush. There are millions who have acquired recovery and continue to live sober, clean productive lives.

J M H O

Love and hugs,

thequest 03-06-2011 08:58 PM

badge or honor or badge of shame

Originally Posted by laurie6781 (Post 2888803)
EXCUSE ME???? First of all there is no such thing as an 'ex alcoholic or ex addict'. Once an alcoholic, always an alcoholic and once an addict, always an addict. They are either in recovery or still practicing.

Now if still practicing their affliction, they might think, if they are even aware of his latest actions make themselves seem a bit tame.

However, for all those in recovery for any length of time, and based on my own personal experience and my experience of working with others these almost 30 years, they see his actions and have to sit there and say to themselves:

"There but for the Grace of HP go I."

I and others I know sit back and watch his actions, and those of others in the past as a good reminder of where I/We do NOT want to go back to.

Please think twice about making 'all encompassing' statements like the one above that paint all alkies/addicts with the same brush. There are millions who have acquired recovery and continue to live sober, clean productive lives.

J M H O

Love and hugs,

Apologies if I offended you or others I did not mean to be all encompassing. I was not specific enough in my statement. I was focusing on the talking heads, "news" people and/or commentators in particular. I find them hypocritical & sensationalistic to say the least.

One of the commentators even admitted during her time of abuse she never got that bad. And yet she's talking all sorts of physco babble, promoting a book and ready to hang Charlie. It's seems to me anyway that alot of these people in particular who had A problem and did A program are now all of the sudden 'experts'(it seems they do that with alot of topics).

With Hollywood in general it's almost if they had A problem and completed A recovery program it's flaunted as a badge of honor-I'm not putting that on everyone. I do agree many are trying to use their experience to help someone but there are some for their own agenda.

Again apologies if I offended you.

JustMe100 03-06-2011 09:19 PM

He did a lot of bad things, but I have to remember my daughter did/is too. She is doing things she never would have done if she weren't addicted. Maybe that's how it is for him too?