Charlie...

Old 03-06-2011, 10:07 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I dunno....

Watching Charlie rant away on tv.. I get the feeling that I am either watching a real live train wreck... or an absolute genius at work.

Remember ...for these guys, no publicity is bad publicity.
Never.
Old 03-06-2011, 10:15 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

the crime and not the wreck

Originally Posted by Hooped View Post
I dunno....

Watching Charlie rant away on tv.. I get the feeling that I am either watching a real live train wreck... or an absolute genius at work.

Remember ...for these guys, no publicity is bad publicity.
Never.
That's the thing, there is too much focus on the train wreck rather than abuse, child custody and the crimes involved here. I think that's part of the reason Charlie himself his playing up or off that train wreck: he'll be asked about his tiger blood comment rather than where did you get your record amounts of cocaine.
Old 03-06-2011, 10:27 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

The thing is...no amount of money in the world could have bought Charlie the amount of publicity being thrown his way now for free.
Kinda makes me wonder if he is a little more crafty than his pundits realize.
Old 03-07-2011, 10:56 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I will love the light for it shows me the way, yet I will endure the darkness for it shows me the stars. ~Og Mandino~
Nice!
He has problems but I think alot of it was for attention.
I think so too. HE was the highest paid, long running show and you didn't see or hear him much. Not like Seinfeld when he was on top. But his behaviors in the news didn't help things. I hope he does go help Penn with the Haitans.
Old 03-07-2011, 11:51 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

1) I wish him all the best in his battle with whatever ails him.

2) I wish the media would just stop talking about him.

Hugs, HG
Old 03-07-2011, 12:32 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

My heart breaks for his children, his parents and other family members - as family and friends of substance abusers we can all relate in some way to the pain, anger, shame, hurt, frustration, and agony they must feel ~ even if every program in the world tells them not too - I know for me I still felt a little of all of those emotions when dealing with the behaviors of my loved ones.

prayers for all those involved.

Rita
Old 03-08-2011, 10:31 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

being punked?, I'm actually watching

Charlie still has a problem but I'm starting to sense or feel alot of theatre here. The stunt with the sword and tiger blood seemed staged. I saw his ramblings last night and tonight. Hate to admit it but he looks fully lucid and focused tonight on Sheens Korner( disguised enemy list and why) yes I'm actually watching... . Yesterday he looked deshelved and angry, tonight almost Shakesperean. But I still see a way over inflated ego. I see & sense real anger, perhaps this has been brewing for years but I do not think his workplace/corporate confrontations are the problem.

What did comeout recently is that some in his entourage admitted they have too much at stake financially hanging with Charlie to intervene. They're basically enabling him. I also heard Sheen got fired because he distributed cocaine or gave it away for 'the party' which violates his contract/morals clause and the law in many states.

Even more troubling I see many of the things ex addicts & talking heads are pointing out about Sheen's behavior with the problem one here including the mood swings, arrogance, naricissism, sense of invincibilty and a nack for theatre.

When will it end?
Old 03-08-2011, 10:41 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Although I was different than Charlie at my worst I was very much the same if that makes sense. I was full of myself, in total denial, thinking I was the best thing since sliced bread, talking crazy talk and believing it all. The only difference was that I didn't have a huge public following to rant to. His antics really hit home for me and I find it particularly painful to watch as there is a bit of me in him. This is the epitome of what addiction does to someone who is intelligent and well spoken when sober.

I really feel for his kids. They are quite young and he has a chance to forge a different story for them if he takes a look in the mirror. I hope that happens soon.
Old 03-09-2011, 05:39 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

The worst part is I see so much of my oldest son...

except a lot LESS swearing...lol

I hope his parents have disconnected their T.V.
Old 03-09-2011, 11:17 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

I thought the whole interview was painful to watch.

When the addict in my life was at his worst, he resembled Sheen's behavior. He was full of himself, talked a bunch of nonsense that overinflated his self-worth, he thought people worshiped him because he provided a service for them (hvac), and he made up a bunch b.s. just to try to impress people.
Old 03-09-2011, 10:07 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

striking similarities

Originally Posted by mooselips View Post
The worst part is I see so much of my oldest son...

except a lot LESS swearing...lol

I hope his parents have disconnected their T.V.
I too see way to many similarities. Although not as 'delusional' without the theatre he's basically pulling the same crap. In some respects I think Charlie's playing it up on the other hand he's too erratic.

After viewing his video on his enemy list our problem one is fast to jump on you for the most minor thing AND has already put many friends & family on his 'do not call' list. He's miffed because people with whom he's had occassional contact/relationships his entire life have neither helped him with his self made long running financial disaster or called him with regularity while unemployed(with a years notice & unemployment & severence). It's all about him.